Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kaby Lake overclocking guide

Raja
Level 13
40 REPLIES 40

jjxakergm
Level 7
How to bypass a capricious CPU IMC (7600k) using a motherboard Maximus IX Apex (bios 1010)? Increasing the voltage on DIMM and SA/IO does not offer, I myself know it.
We tuned overclocking only the memory in this way (complete stability):
Ai Overclock Tuner [Manual]
BCLK Frequency [100.0000]
DRAM Frequency [DDR4-4133MHz]
DRAM Voltage [1.3500]
CPU VCCIO Voltage [1.2500]
CPU System Agent Voltage [1.3000]
DMI Voltage [1.35000]
Maximus Tweak [Mode 1]
DRAM CAS# Latency [18]
DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay [18]
DRAM RAS# ACT Time [38]
DRAM Command Rate [2N]
MRC Fast Boot [Enabled]
MCH Full Check [Disabled]
DRAM Current Capability [130%]
DRAM Power Phase Control [Extreme]

But if I choose a multiplier for the frequency 4266Mhz then I get an Q-Code 26. experiments with voltage and main timings do not give anything...
Then we try to use memory profiles, select 2x8GB New Samsung Single-Side/"Load Raja's 2x8GB Samsung B-die 1.40V 4133" we get an Q-Code 49 (and even reducing the frequency to 3866Mhz will not help, there all available profiles 2x8GB New Samsung Single-Side do not work). but as we can see earlier, there were no problems with this frequency. it turns out that the profile is not working for our CPU instance...
The question is how to circumvent these whims of the bios?
Why the bios automatics can not cope with the calculation of extended timings for system start?
Is it possible that problem Q-Code 26 is associated with an option DRAM CLK Period? very capricious thing, and use uncomfortable, even unclear what value is assigned in automatic mode... for each memory frequency has its own meaning.
The problem is not only with the frequency, but also with the use of low timings, for example 3600Mhz CL14-14-14-34-2 on APEX there is no starts, with on the board of another brand all ok. so it turns out that, why change the processor if on other board it works good with memory.

Naturally, the use of another CPU instance solves all the issues, but the current instance has problems only with Asus boards. so I would like to hear a professional opinion about current problems.