Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kaby Lake overclocking guide

Raja
Level 13
40 REPLIES 40

Raja
Level 13
There is plenty of variance between samples. A CPU like that may benefit somewhat from de-lidding/re-lidding.

I got my delidded 7700k currently running 5ghz @ 1.35v with a 3200 c14 gskill kit. *Max temp Ive seen when benchmarking is 67c. *Using air cooling with a Noctua NH-D15S.

Delidded using the Rockit 88 and CLU.

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
guys! i know that there some differences in 6700k and 7700k. i am not on the mark but more on 24/7. i am using the hero ix and is very stable for 4.7 at 1.392. states all off prefect off etc. old school oc. a friend of mine help me with that. Question. can i use the guide to OC my 6700k in hero ix. I am using h110iV2 with link since on my bios i read pump speed on quiet and link i can change to performance. so far running 0701 bios ok. also i check that i plug my fans to the cpu fan and opt i read only 1 that is normal?
Learn, Play Enjoy!

johnathonm
Level 7
Does anyone have a cached copy of this guide? It won't load for me.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40

Raja
Level 13
I think the server was a bit slow for a few days last week. Seems to be back to normal now.

Nate152
Hi Raja

I see there is a setting called the ASUS Thermal Control Tool you mention in your awesome guide that can extend overclocking by up to 300MHz. Now I know this doesn't mean an automatic 300MHz but if I could get another 100MHz or 200MHz it would be worth trying it. As it's a new feature with z270 I have no idea how to use it or what to set.

Would you have any suggestions ?

Nate152 wrote:
Hi Raja

I see there is a setting called the ASUS Thermal Control Tool you mention in your awesome guide that can extend overclocking by up to 300MHz. Now I know this doesn't mean an automatic 300MHz but if I could get another 100MHz or 200MHz it would be worth trying it. As it's a new feature with z270 I have no idea how to use it or what to set.

Would you have any suggestions ?

Info on how to use the feature is in the OC guide...

Matrixero
Level 7
Hello, is the LLC left in Auto? thanks

Matrixero wrote:
Hello, is the LLC left in Auto? thanks

You can leave it on Auto if you wish. If using a different value, you'll need to match the load voltage.