cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kaby Lake overclocking guide

Raja
Level 13
10,264 Views
40 REPLIES 40

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40

Menthol
Level 14
Raja,
Very good guide

Thanks, quite useful. :cool:

Raja
Level 13
Its quite basic, but has some useful info. Glad you liked.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Its quite basic, but has some useful info. Glad you liked.


Yep. Actually I have a question, not sure if it belongs here: How would you go about overclocking in such a way as to allow the super low voltages at say 1GHz (like 0.7V) but yet get up to say 1.32 or 1.34V at 4.9GHz? (My CPU seems to be happy at 1.3V to 1.32V at 4.9 but I want to make full use of undervolting it at low freq.)

Is that even possible? I've tried just going "Auto" and it bumps me up to 1.36V and doesnt come down (though I set LLC to 1)

bn880 wrote:
Yep. Actually I have a question, not sure if it belongs here: How would you go about overclocking in such a way as to allow the super low voltages at say 1GHz (like 0.7V) but yet get up to say 1.32 or 1.34V at 4.9GHz? (My CPU seems to be happy at 1.3V to 1.32V at 4.9 but I want to make full use of undervolting it at low freq.)

Is that even possible? I've tried just going "Auto" and it bumps me up to 1.36V and doesnt come down (though I set LLC to 1)


Do the following:

1) Use Adaptive Vcore.

2) Set the C-States like this:

62345


3) Make sure the Windows Power Plan is set to Balanced.

Thanks a lot Raja, that seems to have done the trick quite well. (Hard to believe at times, 0.3V and 4.9G on a core) whaaaaat 🙂
Raja@ASUS wrote:
Do the following:

1) Use Adaptive Vcore.

2) Set the C-States like this:

62345


3) Make sure the Windows Power Plan is set to Balanced.

Excellent guide! Thank you! 🙂

Guys, have briefly skimmed down this thread and I too have been down these paths in an attempt to get to 5ghz on a 7700K all to no avail. Yes, you can fiddle with ratios and core voltages and also play around with DIP5 to your hearts content BUT it was not possible to get a stable 5ghz setting in my case. Realbench would always crash at some point. So, I thought to myself "why not try the easy way and play round with the tuning wizard in the BIOS (F11 I think it is). Did that and voila! A stable 4.95ghz and also 3200 ram bumped up automatically to 3300 and all stable in Realbench testing. I also used the excellent guide on this site to overclocking the GPU and followed instructions to bump up the GPU to 1350mhz as well. All stable as hell and this bumped me up to Number 1 spot in Passmark ver 9.0 for the same spec of hardware. I am not a gamer and have no graphics card, I just like to overclock and have a fast machine. I employ a custom watercooled loop with a 480 rad and a 360 rad so cooling is not a problem. Just my tuppenceworth.