cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to completely disable the RGB on the Maximus IX Hero?

Aurora_Paradox
Level 7
I just built my first system last weekend and am enjoying it so far with one exception.

Since I'm not a fan of RGB I built a system with no side window. I assumed that the RGB would be off when the system was off. I have discovered that is not the case.

I did find some threads detailing how to disable it when the system is off. I'm wondering if it is possible to disable the RGB when the system is turned on.

Would the aura software be able to accomplish this or am I stuck with it?
4 REPLIES 4

Nate152
Hi Aurora Paradox

Welcome to the ROG forum.

In the bios you can turn off the RGB lights, Advanaced tab, Onboard Device Configuration.

Nate152 wrote:
Hi Aurora Paradox

Welcome to the ROG forum.

In the bios you can turn off the RGB lights, Advanaced tab, Onboard Device Configuration.

The option is called RGB LED Lighting and you can find it exaclty where Nate pointed out. 🙂

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome and the instructions. The BIOS setting change did the trick with one exception.

The Red LED light for the on motherboard power button is still on even the system is off.

Is there a way to disable this one or am I stuck with it?

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
yes. go to bios and select RGB OFF. also if that fail. install aura. and turn off the lights inside the program. I do not remember where is that right know. let me finish something that i need the computer to be on.
Learn, Play Enjoy!