cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hero IX and Strix 2080

Elkmar
Level 8
Hi all!

I know, that z270 platform is abandoned (no drivers update on support pages, no new bios with new CPU microcode and no new ME), but I want to try...

I have bought my Strix 2080 in October. It's amazing GPU, but I have noticed that in tool bios' section in "Graphics Card Information" no information about the card. It does not affect anything, but a little annoying. Maybe bios update fixes this issue? (and we also will get microcode update and ME 😉 ) Or is it only my issue?
English is not my native language, so I'm sorry if I make some mistakes.
2 REPLIES 2

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
Elkmar wrote:
Hi all!

I know, that z270 platform is abandoned (no drivers update on support pages, no new bios with new CPU microcode and no new ME), but I want to try...

I have bought my Strix 2080 in October. It's amazing GPU, but I have noticed that in tool bios' section in "Graphics Card Information" no information about the card. It does not affect anything, but a little annoying. Maybe bios update fixes this issue? (and we also will get microcode update and ME 😉 ) Or is it only my issue?

NOT TRUE! is not abandoned We all ready have 2018 december drivers.

It is time you read more the post,.

NOTE: These works better IF you make a clean install with 1809

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105343-DRIVERS-Intel-Chipset-Ethernet-iGPU-MEI-SATA

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105341-DRIVERS-Realtek-HD-Audio

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105726-FIRMWARE-Intel-ME-(Z170-Z270-Z370) (MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE MEI AND CHIPSET as fisrt before installing the firmware)

I have being working with these group for 2 years. so please READ more. The community effort have being fantastic and myself have help a lot. Last bios 1301. start from a fresh install with 1809. READ! step by step. IME CHIPSET and audio drivers, all, is working PERFECT

My recommendation. Download the files and put on a flash drive with the windows. Install windows without internet and install CHIPSET then IME then the GPU driver if you are using nvidia. then put the internet. install ALL WINDOWS DRIVERS and then UPDATE THE STORE (make press the update button until there is no updates. THEN INSTALL audio driver (then if you like you can install form the link in the post the SS3 and SR3 ( i do not use these) and then LAST THE CHIPSET DRIVER. If you have any asus peripheral like mouse and keyboard then install the armory 3 FIRST before putting the internet.

Start reading myu friend and safe those link on you bookmarks.

I am very happy with my z270 hero ix These ONLY I reapeat ONLY works with HERO AND STRIX Z170/Z270/Z370 Z390. I will check others like x299 rampage later over the weekend
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Itzycharles

I know about these threads and I know how to install drivers, it's one of many tasks at my work. But how about other people, who don't use this forum or have not enough knowledge? If the platform isn't abandoned then, I think, platform deserves updates of its support page. Also we need BIOS with new ME firmware (yep, I know about win-raid forum and method of flash firmware, but again what about other people?!) and better new hardware compatibility.
English is not my native language, so I'm sorry if I make some mistakes.