cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Help] ASUS Strix z270E Gaming / CPU Fan error detected

mhcvel
Level 7
Hello,

This year I tried to go big (before get married), and started with a new build, threw away my old AMD (first build), and now I'm with Intel (second build).

So I bought this Motherboard Strix z270E, i7 7700K and a Corsair H100i v2... Right now I have everything but GPU... so I just turn on the PC to install Windows (so PC is clean), but in the boot screen says that I have connected a Mouse, Keyboard, SSD's and a HD, everything seems fine after this but, at the bottom of the screen appears a message with "CPU Fan Error Detected" and for help I need to press F1...

When I check the Cooler I can see that both fans are working, I have connected to a AIO? Connector in the motherboard ? Tried to put in those CPU fan 4 pin connector, but same error, and searching on web browser I found that I can connect the Cooler to that 4 pin AIO? connector and the fans to CPU Fan/CPU Opt, and after that no more error, but in BIOS menu I saw that the CPU temperature is so high (90•)... I did put thermal compound... also I noticed that one of the pins from the cooler is missing I mean it should be 4pin connector and I just have 3, Could be that the problem ?*

Sorry english is not my best and will try to answer any question asap because I'm at work and dont have access to my PC ... any help would be much appreciated

Thank you
Manuel C*
12 REPLIES 12

Hey first of
Did you use the CPU Installation bracket that comes with the MOtherboard?
If you didn't, then Take the CPU out and install using that.
Then make sure all your connections are correct, if needed disconnect (POwer cables) everything except 24pin power, CPU 8 pin
Try turning it ON with RAM and NO GPU

Hey any luck?
Were you able to resolve?

qUAanA wrote:
Hey any luck?
Were you able to resolve?

sorry, no luck... had to return the mobo, will exchange for the same 