cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formula IX and 6700k BSOD ISSUES

Cottontails
Level 7
I've been getting loads of different bsods at random times and i have no idea what's causing it. At first i heard many people have been having bsods due to the fall windows 10 updates, but the latest 1709 update was supposed to fix them. I thought maybe my windows installation was corrupt so i completely reset it. Looking at some of the errors lead me to believe it might be a ram issue, but i have tried multiple sets of ram so i don't think ram is the issue. I've also flashed the bios multiple times and my 6700k seems to work perfectly fine with the z270 motherboard.

My specs are:
Motherboard: Asus Maximus IX Formula
CPU: 6700k @ (4.5GHz)
RAM: GSkill Ripjaws V 3200MHz 2x8GB
GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1070 OC Edition
PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova G2
STORAGE: 250GB Samsung Evo SSD and 1TB WD Blue

The most common bsods i get are driver irql not less or equal, page fault in nonpaged area, driver corrupted expool and video_tdr_failure (nvlddmkm.sys). These happen randomly and at random times. It's driving me crazy and i have no freakin clue what the issue is, please help me!
3 REPLIES 3

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
Correct we see that on a upgrade yesterday. make sure all drivers are updated, and clean bios and start again on the OC. that fix the issue. you will see also a small temps increment about 5C. as far we check it is happening across all manufactures especially on the update. for that crap of windows new version. no idea why!
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Cottontails
Level 7
Oh okay so windows 10 latest updates are the cause still? I'm surprised they haven't fixed there **** yet :mad: