cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DUAL INTELLIGENT PROCESSORS 5 is getting old - Does this work properly on Kaby Lake?

Nick_Peyton
Level 7
Any ASUS mobo owners using "Dual Intelligent Processors 5"? to auto-tune your overclock?

I a finding the latest version is extremely buggy. (It's on the download section for my mobo on ASUS website).

I watched this video: (but when I've followed the steps they don't work.

For example if "CPU tuning" crashes the PC:.
then re-boots it:
D O E S - N O T - c o n t i n u e - f r o m - w h e r e - i t - l e f t - o f f :
(I.E it does NOT resume tuning the by increasing voltage.

But instead, after crashe & reboot:

'Dual Int Proc 5' restarts automatically on entering windows but skips onto step two (fan control) -- completely ignoring (and failing to return to Step 1 (CPU Frequency/voltage tuner). Instead skipping straight to part 2 - fan control

By the end of the auto tuning process; the max CPU turbo frequency remains at the last known good value (before the crash on step 1. (Instead of increasing voltage to stabilise the higher frequency).

Anyone else had better luck using this on ASUS boards?
6 REPLIES 6

JustinThyme
Level 13
Personally I advise against using software to write values to the BIOS. I simply do it the old fashioned way by entering the values in the BIOS myself. I gave this software a go and for the overclock up not by the auto tune as that way overshot the Vcore for minimal returns but instead entered the settings in the UI. After an overclocking session I simply reset to defaults and that was the last time that MOBO worked. Froze up and bricked.**

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Dual Intellligent Processors 5 has not been updated properly in years.

Nick_Peyton
Level 7
I see.

I also tried creating 2 separate profiles. One for "performance" and one for "silent" which are the defaults.

But when I changed settings for one. It also saved the settings to the other. Also making the software completely useless for manual overclocking too.

IF this software actually worked it would be absolutely fantastic. (i'd be able to increase my overclock while stress testing my system incrementally in Windows). Instead of rebooting to BIOS all the time.

The descriptions of what the Digi+ power options and CPU Internal Power Options are also contradictory. For example it says lower VRM Switching Frequency = more stability and faster VRM switching frequency increases overclock range. <-- I find that statement very contradictory.

Can someone from ASUS please explain? Thank you.

Korth
Level 14
I only run DIP and AI Suite on new parts to see what sort of "baseline" values they'll generate. Then I uninstall them and configure through BIOS.

Sometimes these softwares select voltage values which look a little worrisome to me, lol.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Nick_Peyton
Level 7
DIP5 is not working properly for me.

I set maximum v.core at on the slider to 1.45v.

During tuning when system blue screens, after reboot it does NOT begin from "where it left off".

What SHOULD happen is DIP5 should raise the voltage and try the same frequency again. But it doesn't!

Instead; it simply moves onto step 2 (fan control) -- leaving my CPU overclock at the frequency achieved 1 step before system crash.

I have the ROG IX MAXIMUS APEX. When I enter O/C settings into the UEFI manually I can pass Realbench at 5.1Ghz 1.4v.
With DIP5 it stops at 4.6 Ghz.

ASUS - why can't we get this working properly?
So after a crash DIP5 "remembers" the CPU speed before crash. Then tries the same frequency again at a higher voltage (and repeats this until reaching the maximum voltage the user sets)?

Multiplier should then still continue to be automatically increased until the maximum voltage is reached.

Korth
Level 14
Which operating system version?

If the latest Win10 update then you'll find many proprietary drivers and softwares are broken.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]