cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DUAL INTELLIGENT PROCESSORS 5 is getting old - Does this work properly on Kaby Lake?

Nick_Peyton
Level 7
-mods please delete one of my double posts) sorry, preferably the one with the least views/replies. Tanks 🙂

Any ASUS mobo owners using "Dual Intelligent Processors 5"? to auto-tune your overclock?

I a finding the latest version is extremely buggy. (It's on the download section for my mobo on ASUS website).

I watched this video: (but when I've followed the steps they don't work.

For example if "CPU tuning" crashes the PC:.
then re-boots it:
D O E S - N O T - c o n t i n u e - f r o m - w h e r e - i t - l e f t - o f f :
(I.E resuming tuning the 'crash voltage' with a higher v.core, then repeat to next multiplier.

What should happen: the multiplier would increase by +1 then repeat. (Resuming with the same frequency at a higher voltage IF or when there's a crash.

But instead, it crashes. PC reboots.
then:
'Dual Int Proc 5' restarts automatically on entering windows but skips onto step two (fan control) -- completely ignoring (and failing to return to Step 1 (CPU Frequency/voltage tuner). Instead skipping straight to part 2 - fan control

By the end of the auto tuning process; the max CPU turbo frequency remains at the last known good value (before the crash on step 1. (Instead of increasing voltage to stabilise the higher frequency).

Anyone else had better luck using this on ASUS boards?
1 REPLY 1

Nick_Peyton
Level 7
-mods please delete one of my double posts) sorry, preferably the one with the least views/replies. Tanks 🙂

Any ASUS mobo owners using "Dual Intelligent Processors 5"? to auto-tune your overclock?

I a finding the latest version is extremely buggy. (It's on the download section for my mobo on ASUS website).

I watched this video: (but when I've followed the steps they don't work.

For example if "CPU tuning" crashes the PC:.
then re-boots it:
D O E S - N O T - c o n t i n u e - f r o m - w h e r e - i t - l e f t - o f f :
(I.E resuming tuning the 'crash voltage' with a higher v.core, then repeat to next multiplier.

What should happen: the multiplier would increase by +1 then repeat. (Resuming with the same frequency at a higher voltage IF or when there's a crash.

But instead, it crashes. PC reboots.
then:
'Dual Int Proc 5' restarts automatically on entering windows but skips onto step two (fan control) -- completely ignoring (and failing to return to Step 1 (CPU Frequency/voltage tuner). Instead skipping straight to part 2 - fan control

By the end of the auto tuning process; the max CPU turbo frequency remains at the last known good value (before the crash on step 1. (Instead of increasing voltage to stabilise the higher frequency).

Anyone else had better luck using this on ASUS boards?