cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you change the color of the eye logo on the Strix z270e, g, or the IX Code?

Indominus
Level 7
I can't find any information on this if the eye logo is rgb on these motherboards. The main pictures of the Asus ROG eye logo on the IX formula, IX hero and strix z270g show the eye being a different color. I like that option. Thanks for everyone who reads this.
1,606 Views
13 REPLIES 13

Nate152
Moderator
Hi Indominus

Welcome to the ROG forum !

I can speak for the Maximus IX Code, it has RGB lighting on the start and reset buttons, I/O panel and the "Republic of Gamers" in the middle of the board.

Some pics here

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?92094-Maximus-IX-Code-A-little-insight-and-delidded-7700k

Chino
Level 15
Indominus wrote:
Can you change the color of the eye logo on the Strix z270e, g, or the IX Code?


Unfortunately, no. 😞

Nate152
Moderator
Hey Chino !

If he's talking about the ROG Logo being the eye, it doesn't light up on the Code.

Nate152 wrote:
Hey Chino !

If he's talking about the ROG Logo being the eye, it doesn't light up on the Code.


Yes, that is what I am talking about. Not the writing "Republic of Gamers". The eye. Thanks for the response. Sucks to hear. What about the Strix z270e?

Chino
Level 15

Chino wrote:
Oh, you guys are referring to the PCH heatsink. My bad!

In that case, no for the Maximus IX Code as well. LOL


Yes, that is what I am talking about. Can you even see that pch heat sink though if you have a side window with led strips? The gpu might get in the way. If not it wouldn't matter to me that it doesn't have rgb lighting.*

Indominus wrote:
Yes, that is what I am talking about. Can you even see that pch heat sink though if you have a side window with led strips? The gpu might get in the way. If not it wouldn't matter to me that it doesn't have rgb lighting.*


Chino wrote:
*

Wow thanks so much for the great angle and shot of the inside. I could not find a picture that fully showed me clearly. This was perfect. Seeing this I really wish it was rgb like the IX Formula. Sucks but it is still a nice motherboard.*

Chino
Level 15
Indominus wrote:
Can you change the color of the eye logo on the Strix z270e, g, or the IX Code?


Unfortunately, no. 😞