cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BSOD during Windows 10 install.

nurzt
Level 7
My Windows 10 build started to BSOD with many errors at the point that i cannot log on windows anymore, so i rebuilt my raid0 setup and tried to install a fresh Windows 10 from usb but i'am getting the same BSOD even before installing.
I dont know what to do anymore, maybe it is raid/sata driver failure or corrupted usb stick? I was getting A0 error without video, but i swapped my SATA cables and it managed to post to bios.

Specs:
i7 7700k
Maximus IX hero
SSD: AMD R3 120gb x2 @RAID0
16gb 3000mhz Vengeance Led
EVGA 1080 ftw2
Corsair 650w full modular gold+
17 REPLIES 17

Menthol
Level 14
nurtz,
Is anything overclocked, your memory default 2133 or XMP? I would clear cmos, enter bios set F5 defaults, secure erase both drives, then set storage controller to raid only as it's always best to install an OS at default settings on clean drives.
Try a different USB port, a USB 2.0 port, no other USB devices connected.

Menthol wrote:
nurtz,
Is anything overclocked, your memory default 2133 or XMP? I would clear cmos, enter bios set F5 defaults, secure erase both drives, then set storage controller to raid only as it's always best to install an OS at default settings on clean drives.
Try a different USB port, a USB 2.0 port, no other USB devices connected.

Everthing is on default and i tried with XMP and default with same error..When i get back home i will try to secure erase(although i rebuilt the raid several times). Its strange because i built the computer like a week ago and everything was working just fine 😞

Chino wrote:
Are you using the latest Windows 10 ISO?

Yes, with the latest updates applied. Im gonna install on a new usb directly from Microsoft website and use their tool to burn.

Chino
Level 15

Chino wrote:
Keep us updated. If possible, take a picture or note which BSOD you're experiencing.

- Did all steps above (clear cmos, f5, AHCI> secure erase both ssds,INTEL RST to build a new raid0, new usb stick with ISO directly from microsoft)
- Same error (after i select win x64 installation i got an BSOD:
Tried again now changing SATA ports, MemOK! BSOD again:

Help me :((((

nurzt
Level 7
Update2
- Reinstalled CPU
- One memory per time
- Different USB port
- Tried with GPT and MBR;
- Tried setting cpu vcore to 1.25
- Rolled back bios version
- Updated to latest bios version

Still same problem... I dont know what more i can do...

nurzt,
Board M IX Aex F5 defaults, no overclock, memory at default 2133
CPU 6700k
Mem 2x8 3600 Gskill
Drives 2x Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB
I followed the instruction per the letter from the motherboard manual downloaded from ASUS support page and did not have any issue creating the raid array and installing Windows 10 FCU from a USB 3.0 drive

Now if I remember correctly if your drives came from another raid array they need the raid array deleted from within the bios before using again, otherwise there may be metadata remaining that can cause problems, Chino can probably answer that as it has been several years since I set up a raid array, I don't remember it being this easy

Menthol wrote:
nurzt,
Board M IX Aex F5 defaults, no overclock, memory at default 2133
CPU 6700k
Mem 2x8 3600 Gskill
Drives 2x Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB
I followed the instruction per the letter from the motherboard manual downloaded from ASUS support page and did not have any issue creating the raid array and installing Windows 10 FCU from a USB 3.0 drive

Now if I remember correctly if your drives came from another raid array they need the raid array deleted from within the bios before using again, otherwise there may be metadata remaining that can cause problems, Chino can probably answer that as it has been several years since I set up a raid array, I don't remember it being this easy

I did all the steps above, i dont think my problem is raid0 related since the BSOD occurs when i try to load the installer from usb...
I think i will RMA my 7700k since i saw lot of threads like mine about the same problem...