cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth and other issues with FORMULA IX on Windows Creators Update (1703)

pepper_chico
Level 7
I did a clean install of the just released Windows Creators Update available for download from Microsoft (Win10_1703_English_x64.iso). After that I've applied the last updates and installed the following ASUS support software for my FORMULA IX:

- BIOS 0906
- V7997_WHQL_20161216_DSD_DTS_HeadphoneX_SonicSuite3.1.3
- ME_driver_11601026_20170208
- IRST_Win7_81_10_V15201020
- Bluetooth_Win10_64
- Intel VGA driver installed automatically

As far as I can see I now have two issues with this motherboard:

- Couldn't get bluetooth to work. Windows troubleshooter reports the PC is not bluetooth capable.
- On device manager there's a single issue present: "Unknown USB device (Device Descriptor Request Failed): Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) - A request for the USB device descriptor failed."

I dual boot this machine and on ArchLinux bluetooth works fine. On Windows I have no more ideas how to make it work, besides this unknown USB device which I also have no idea how to fix.
9 REPLIES 9

pepper_chico
Level 7
Out of curiosity, I also own a G900 mouse, which is quite cool, but beware with the Creators Update. I've installed the Logitech Gaming Software and reboot: couldn't login in my machine anymore, any mouse or keyboard stopped working. I did a reinstall of Windows.

- https://community.logitech.com/s/question/0D53100006jBNXVCA4/warning-lgs-not-compatible-with-windows...

I just can't believe what's happening, really. Yesterday bluetooth was working fine on Linux, now I've installed Windows and it's not working in Windows nor in Linux too!

As I was not sure it was due to the BIOS update that I did from 0801 to 0906 or Windows loading up in this machine, I reverted the BIOS. It didn't solve it, now I have no idea how to bring bluetooth back....

I was able to fix the Bluetooth/unknown-device mobo issues 🙂 I don't know what happened after installing Windows.... my last option was to unplug the PC from wall, not just turn it off or reboot. This fixed it, using the last 0906 Bios! Bluetooth is back to both Windows and Linux and now also there's no issues listed in the device manager anymore.

About the LGS... this one seems trickier and more of a Logitech/Windows-1703 incompatibility, as other users reported, so I'm not expecting wall unplug to fix it and won't try until Logitech provides an update.

pepper_chico wrote:
I was able to fix the Bluetooth/unknown-device mobo issues 🙂 I don't know what happened after installing Windows.... my last option was to unplug the PC from wall, not just turn it off or reboot. This fixed it, using the last 0906 Bios! Bluetooth is back to both Windows and Linux and now also there's no issues listed in the device manager anymore.

About the LGS... this one seems trickier and more of a Logitech/Windows-1703 incompatibility, as other users reported, so I'm not expecting wall unplug to fix it and won't try until Logitech provides an update.

Thanks this worked for me on the Maximus IX Code. Bluetooth would just not pair with anything. After many drivers and a lot of frustration I saw your post and unplugged my PC and now it works fine. So much trouble and such a simple fix. SMH

Thanks, guys.

It unbelievable, but it works.
Just update your BIOS and unplugged your PC and that it.

I've tried the bios upgrade, tried all the fixes from the Logitech forums like deleting the drivers from the driver store, etc. because I had LGS installed at the time and still no bluetooth.

Driving me crazy!

Anyone else still having issues?

Dakkor wrote:
Thanks this worked for me on the Maximus IX Code. Bluetooth would just not pair with anything. After many drivers and a lot of frustration I saw your post and unplugged my PC and now it works fine. So much trouble and such a simple fix. SMH

It also worked with maximus x formula. Just unplug it for a few seconds.

Snipe3000
Level 7
I'm having this issue with my Formula. The device manager does not show any issues, but bluetooth will not search for devices. I dont even have the option to turn bluetooth on and off.

rossum
Level 7

Same issue in 2023 with Maximus IX Code under Windows 10. Device Manager showing a single error entry. BIOS updates no help, reinstalling drivers no help, rebooting no help. I unplugged the power supply from the wall and waited about 20-30 seconds. Fired the machine back up and the BT device shows up!

Thanks @Dakkor  !