Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Z270 buyers guide Q/A thread

Raja
Level 13
21 REPLIES 21

Raja
Level 13
All of the boards in the guide can achieve 5GHz CPU speeds. No distinct advantage for the Apex in that regard.

Apex is up for sale on newegg at the moment

*https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813132953&cm_re=Maximus_ix-_-13-132-953-_-Pro...

EDIT: its back up, showing in stock, order I placed already shipped

FYI this chart incorrectly lists the APEX as ATX rather than EATX.

Can someone please point out the differences between the Z270F and Z270H motherboards.

Sorry for a noob question.

Raja
Level 13
Corrected.

I am considering upgrading to the Z270 Maximus IX Code. I was looking at the BIOS Manual under 'Monitor' ans can see EXT_Sensor 1 to 3 Temperature. And looking at the motherboard userguide, I see no mention of these sensors.

Question: Are these sensors available for connecting thermocouples? Or do these sensors have their own thermocouples built in?

The reason I am asking is to know if I have to include 3x thermocouples in my shopping list.

nmdelrio wrote:
I am considering upgrading to the Z270 Maximus IX Code. I was looking at the BIOS Manual under 'Monitor' ans can see EXT_Sensor 1 to 3 Temperature. And looking at the motherboard userguide, I see no mention of these sensors.

Question: Are these sensors available for connecting thermocouples? Or do these sensors have their own thermocouples built in?

The reason I am asking is to know if I have to include 3x thermocouples in my shopping list.

Those inputs are for the Fan Extension card, which is sold separately (in some regions only).

I was reading HardOCP's review of the Maximus IX Formula, and I found one line that caught my eye:

In any case, a manual voltage setting still has the same effect in which the actual voltage depends on the CPU workload with the manually set voltage seemingly acting as a voltage cap.

Is this the correct behavior? I asked further and the editor of the article mentioned that it indeed the manual vcore mode acted like a cap only as if it was Adaptive Voltage.

dlerium wrote:
I was reading HardOCP's review of the Maximus IX Formula, and I found one line that caught my eye:

Is this the correct behavior? I asked further and the editor of the article mentioned that it indeed the manual vcore mode acted like a cap only as if it was Adaptive Voltage.

Probably someone in the chain of info getting confused...

Bahz
Level 12
The Apex is definitely a good option for those who do professional work as the slight extra bit in performance with 2 x M.2 drives and higher performance 2 stick kit goes a long way. I know one person that went with the Apex and he said it's a pretty noticeable upgrade from his previous gen setup.