cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Strix Z270F - high DPC storport.sys

Silentspy
Level 7

look at storport.sys highest execution time

installed all the drivers from my motherboard website, including SATA drivers from each of directory when unpacked (RST and SATA folder)

Having issues with computer locks up if using latencymon while gaming or browsing in chrome, also got audio "crackling".

there is no externally attached drives except the internal ones

internal drives:

the last drive is a dvd rom.

System
Windows 10 Pro v1607 b14393.693
1070 msi twinfrozr gaming x
7 REPLIES 7

Raja
Level 13
Might need to close sonic studio and make sure Ai Suite's pane is minimized to the taskbar for at least 30 seconds. If that does not help, report it to your local ASUS Service center.

Hi! thanks for the quick reply

The Sonic Studio is closed and AI suite is not installed.

Anyone have any ideas what to troubleshoot next?

I tried removing intel rapid storage with the drivers including realtek drivers. with no change 😕

if i play homeworld remastered my game freezes up like crazy. the only game i have issues in atm.

Ok so i figured out the issue!

it is the Samsung NVME 2.1 driver(NVME 950 256gb Pro) causing the issues with high storport.sys DPC. After i removed it and went back to windows default one driver the high storport DPC is low again.

Silentspy wrote:
Ok so i figured out the issue!

it is the NVME 950 driver from samsung version 2.1 causing the issues with high DPC. after i removed it and went back to windows default one my dpc is low again.

Exactly same issue. Have a 960 Evo NVME drive and gonna uninstall it to see if the problem has gone. Thanks for the information.

yajnssnj
Level 7
Silentspy wrote:

look at storport.sys highest execution time

installed all the drivers from my motherboard website, including SATA drivers from each of directory when unpacked (RST and SATA folder)

Having issues with computer locks up if using latencymon while gaming or browsing in chrome, also got audio "crackling".

there is no externally attached drives except the internal ones

internal drives:

the last drive is a dvd rom.

System
Windows 10 Pro v1607 b14393.693
1070 msi twinfrozr gaming x

Same issue here. *

I posted on overclockers.net and referenced this post. *Also providing this information to Samsung.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1620639/storport-sys-and-iastora-sys/10#post_25807267

62329*

Do you think it can be related to my problem? I just opened a thread about it:

--> https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?90899-PC-stuck-with-error-Reset-to-device-Device-RaidPort0...

I am getting serious problems with SSD that stuk the PC during about 30 seconds, in the system log I have the following error:

“Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued.”
Source: iaStorA

I really try everything in the last 4 days like a crazy, I think I reinstalled the system more than 10 times with Raid0 and NO-Raid0 configuration using two different SSD disks but unable to solve.
The procedure I use is:
1. Install OS
2. Install Asus "Software Installation Utility Intel_Chipset_Win7-81-10_V101138"
3. Install Asus "MEI_Win7-81-10_V11601026"
4. Install Asus "IRST_Win7-81-10_V15201020"
5. Install Asus "AUDIO Realtek_Audio_Driver_Win7-81-10_V6017997"
6. Install Asus "Intel_LAN_Driver_Win7-81-10_V211300"
7. Install NVIDIA "GeForce Hot Fix driver version 378.57"

. Tested the Chipset driver 10.1.1.42 too but no difference.
. Tested with the new BIOS 0801 too but no difference.

My system: Asus Rog Maximus IX Apex, i7 7700k, SLI GTX 1080, Windows10 x64, 32Gb G.Skill F4-3200C14D-32GVK, AOC AGON AG271QG