cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Maximus IX Apex enters bios after reboot

fed_olivera
Level 7
Hi. I have this board, paired with a i7 7700k, 16gb 3200 vengeance ram, 1 ssd and 1 hdd. After I reboot or I exit bios, the board will enter bios always even if I don not press del or f2. Just by changing something it boots normal (or overriding boot). Is this a common issue? Can anyone point me to a solution?
Thanks in advance.
9 REPLIES 9

Nate152
Hi fed_olivera

Make sure your ssd, which I assume has your operating system on it, is set as boot priority 1.

Nate152 wrote:
Hi fed_olivera

Make sure your ssd, which I assume has your operating system on it, is set as boot priority 1.

Yes I already did that. It is as first boot option, as it has the w10 os to boot on it.

Praz
Level 13
Hello

This is not a common issue with the APEX board. I have had several SSD/M.2 drive in use for booting and have not seen this behavior. The board will only boot to the BIOS if there is no bootable drive detected during the initial boot period.

FuryA
Level 8
Seems like storage option does not detected
Make sure Your all SSD/M.2 drives , bootable be 1st priority

FuryA@ASUS wrote:
Seems like storage option does not detected
Make sure Your all SSD/M.2 drives , bootable be 1st priority

My storage is a ssd connected to the first sata port, and a hdd connected to the second one. I have the dimm.2 card inserted but with no drives on it (tried also to unplug this card with no effects. I have the ssd (wich has the so) as the first bootable device.

@Chino I have my keyboard and mouse connected to the monitor (dell s2417dg kinda usb hub that it has) and this to the motherboard. Do you think this can be causing the problem?

Praz
Level 13
Hello

Disconnect the monitor USB from the motherboard.

Praz wrote:
Hello

Disconnect the monitor USB from the motherboard.

I'll do it as soon as I get home. Thanks.

Well, looks like it was the monitor usb hub that make the board conflict with the boot. As soon as I plugged my keyboard and mouse directly to the board and unplugged the monitor hub, it stopped entering bios. I guess this is an error that could be addressed.