cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Maximus Formula IX (XMP Issue)

Cottontails
Level 7
I'm using Maximus Formula IX with the 6700k and the latest bios. When i go to set the XMP profile or even manually set the ram frequency i can not post at all (unless i leave everything on default). It continuously cycles through a whole bunch of codes for like a minute and then settles on 49, but sometimes it's different. I've tried two different slots A1, B1 and A2, B2 and i've also tried two different sets of ram. I honestly have no idea whats causing this and any help would be appreciated!?
6 REPLIES 6

JustinThyme
Level 13
Sometimes XMP works sometimes it doesn't. If you set it to optimized defaults and uyse XMP it should work.
On to the meat and potatoes. If you plan on optimizing at all as in any OC I would leave XMP off and enter your setting manually. You get far better control and much better results as very small changes can mean the difference of a getting the OC you want or not. Also remember frequency is not everything. You can actually have faster ram with a lower latency and lower clock.

Latency/freq x 1000 gives response time, less is more.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Chino
Level 15
DDR4-3200 might require some manual tweaking specifically SA and VCCIO voltages.

DDR4 frequency rangeRequired CPU VCCIO Voltage rangeRequired CPU System Agent Voltage range
DDR4-2133 ~ DDR4-28001.05V ~ 1.15V1.05V ~ 1.15V
DDR4-2800 ~ DDR4-36001.10V ~ 1.25V1.10V ~ 1.30V
DDR4-3600 ~ DDR4-42661.15V ~ 1.30V1.20V ~ 1.35V

Cottontails
Level 7
I tried changing all the voltages and setting the ram frequency manually leaving XMP disabled and it still won't post. I recently sold my Formula VIII to my friend and got the Formula IX, but all of the components are the same and i had no issues overclocking and using XMP on the Formula VIII.

jab383
Level 13
Another thing to try: Add a little, about 50mv, to DRAM voltage. It's possible the M8F was doing that for you, but the M9F does not since there is some variation in actual voltage from board to board even when the setting is the same.

For example, if the XMP profile sets DRAM voltage to 1.30, raise that to 1.35. After you get it POSTing and booting, try reducing that voltage in .01 steps to find an efficient operating point.

Cottontails
Level 7
I've already tried setting the XMP profile and then raising the dram voltage it still won't post. It doesn't make since even with a small overclock it should still post.

Chino
Level 15