cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any word on a BIOS update to fix memory issues?

FDSage
Level 10
After looking around the net, I see quite a few people besides myself having issues with Q code 55 on the Maximus IX Formula. After a ton of tweaking and STILL having issues, I'm convinced there is no configuration in this board's current state that will get some RAM to work at the speeds its supposed to.

I'd like to know ASUS is at least looking into this and planning an update to make things more stable.
11 REPLIES 11

JustinThyme
Level 13
I'm not seeing any rash of ram issues. I'm running 3400 MHz ram at full speed and tight timings with no code 55s and a 64GB kit to boot, Gskill Trident. Your UPS has absolutely nothing to do with it in any way shape fashion or form. You have double galvanic isolation and are not running on battery power unless utility goes out. If it's a home consumer model it's not even dual conversion, it's line interactive meaning if utility is available that's what is supplying the load. Yes I am an authority on this. Critical power is what I do for a living.*

If it was me I'd be looking to replace the ram. *

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Raja
Level 13
I've just updated to 0701 for the Maximus IX Formula and am using the GSkill's TridentZ CAS 17 32GB kit (2x16GB) in memory slots A2 and B2. I loaded up XMP and it's running Memtest as we speak. POSTed first time. This is all system dependant. This is a retail CPU which I purchased from OCUK.

I'm going to try some restart cycles, but there doesnt seem to be anything glaring, off the bat.