cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0xc0000005 Errors

RambOe
Level 7
Hello,

Since mid August I've been getting 0xc0000005 errors. They occur with Dropbox, Adobe CC 2017 products, Aida64 FP32/FP64, PHPStorm, Hyper (hyper.io), and sometimes svchost. The strange part, games never crash. I can game for hours and no errors occur.

Here is what I did:
- Disabled the OC: didn't help
- Memtest for 24 hours: RAM is fine
- Replaced the RAM: didn't help
- Reinstalled Windows 10 multiple times: with internet, without internet, with drivers, without drivers: same problem
- Unplugged all USB devices: same problem
- Removed the graphics cards: same problem
- Replaced the SSD: same problem
- Reflashed the BIOS to 0906 and 1009: same problem

Is my CPU defective or the Motherboard?
18 REPLIES 18

RambOe
Level 7
I also think it's the CPU.

You mean by resetting the CMOS? Yes.

Nate152
Ok, just double checking.

I wish a speedy delivery for your cpu, give us an update anytime.

How soon are you expecting it ?

RambOe
Level 7
Hopefully this week.

I will! Thanks for your help so far 🙂

Nate152
You're welcome

One way or another you'll know which one it is.

I'm still leaning towards the cpu and if we're right, it should run without problems.

The exception code oxc0000005 is common with almost every crash. It really means nothing and there is no way you can fix a crash based on the Exception Code 0005. What is most valuable in a crash is the faulting module. You will see the faulting module in the report generated in the Event Viewer (open Event Viewer>Custom Views>Administrative Events). If you cannot find the crash details in the Event Viewer, then download and run a program called AppCrashView (Google). It will show you, in most cases, the faulting module as it deciphers all of the Windows Error Reporting (.wer) reports.
I7 8086K 5.0GHz
GTX 1080 TI OC Edition
Dell 34" and 24" Monitors
Maximus X Hero Hi-Fi AC
M.2 NVMe SSD 500GB and 1TB
Corsair H115i Pro Cooler
32GB DDR4 3600MHz
Windows 10 64 bit

RambOe
Level 7
It's the CPU! Placed a new temporary CPU and the problems are gone.

I've requested an RMA, hopefully I'll get a replacement soon.

Nate152
Awesome,

Thank you for the update, you should have your cpu back in a week from the day you ship it.

RambOe
Level 7
I've received the new replacement (took just 2 days).

2 cores on the old CPU are faulty. I'm very curious how those cores stopped working.

Nate152
It's hard to say but if your new cpu is working, let's hope it stays that way and put thie bad cpu behind you. 🙂