cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated bios now can't read CMO profile !

Adrian1976
Level 10
guy's is there any way to decipher these ****ty oc cmo profiles I have stored on my usb stick ?
Updated bios bios now I believe it's not compatible I believe.
I can't remember so crucial settings regarding cpu overclock.
is there any I can read the CMO files ?

Thanks in advance.

Forgot to say I've even tried bios flash back to revert to previous bios to be able to recover the settings but bios flash back doesn't work either, tried everything with 2 usb sticks and it just sits there solid light.
10 REPLIES 10

Chino
Level 15

Adrian1976
Level 10
Format to fat 32, nothing on the stick apart from the 2202 bios I'm trying to revert to which I've renamed to M8H.CAP shutdown and put it in the flashback port, it flashes a few times then reverts to solid, tried 2 different sticks, even tried removing gpu 1 ram etc, I'm at a loss, weeks of settings that can't be read from these daft cmo profiles.

Adrian1976
Level 10
Or is there a reason ez update doesn't recognise the 2202 bios anymore why i try to flash back through the bios software ? What is the point of being able to save profiles if they can't be used when updating the bios, it's completely messed my system up.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
EZ flash will not revert to an earlier BIOS if I am not mistaken. You will need to use BIOS flashback method.

Try this for the pendrive https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?46802-please-i-need-help-with-Rampage-Extreme-iv&p=398383&...

Different BIOS are, well, different so the profiles are not meant to be transferred. They are for saving and using on the same BIOS...a tool for overclockers using same BIOS on various boards in an LN2 session that sort of thing....

If you change BIOS you should really reexamine your OC...things might have changed...

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
EZ flash will not revert to an earlier BIOS if I am not mistaken. You will need to use BIOS flashback method.

Try this for the pendrive https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?46802-please-i-need-help-with-Rampage-Extreme-iv&p=398383&...

Different BIOS are, well, different so the profiles are not meant to be transferred. They are for saving and using on the same BIOS...a tool for overclockers using same BIOS on various boards in an LN2 session that sort of thing....

If you change BIOS you should really reexamine your OC...things might have changed...

You sir are a gem ! this worked a treat 1st time ! I've no idea why the windows formatter wasn't formatting it correctly ! I owe you a drink ! 🙂

Adrian1976
Level 10
Thanks mate i shall try that later when i get home, i won't make the same mistake again, everytime I've updated the bios in the past it kept my settings this time it's completely defaulted everything ! Thanks asus ! Cheers buddy.

Adrian1976 wrote:
Thanks mate i shall try that later when i get home, i won't make the same mistake again, everytime I've updated the bios in the past it kept my settings this time it's completely defaulted everything ! Thanks asus ! Cheers buddy.

Hello

If this is the case then you have never actually updated the BIOS to a different version. It is not possible that saved overclock settings will exist after a successful BIOS version change.

Praz wrote:
Hello

If this is the case then you have never actually updated the BIOS to a different version. It is not possible that saved overclock settings will exist after a successful BIOS version change.

I'm pretty sure it did, I didn't have to enter all these settings again, it's either that or the previous oc files worked up until bios 3401 I can't remember.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Good stuff! 😄

It's a modern pendrive thing...often they like to show up in "my computer" with a fancy name instead of just a drive letter...means you are not putting BIOS on the root drive as it were. Diskpart wipes everything and makes the only partition the root drive...