cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thermaltake riing rgb fans connected to the motherboard are not remembering settings

BinaryLife
Level 7
I have a set of Thermaltake riing rgb fans, complete with a controller unit that allows you to change the LED colour, and also the LED mode (constant colour, cycle colours, off). Basically the controller unit has 2 fans plugged into it, and then the controller unit itself is plugged into one of the chassis fan headers on the MB. The controller unit is supposed to remember the setting after a reboot, but it doesn't in my system. I thought it may have been a faulty controller, but I have tried 2 different controllers, and they behave the same. So that has me thinking that maybe the MB is causing it, perhaps by not supplying enough voltage to the controller? Do the chassis fan headers on the Gene support multiple fans from one fan header?
3 REPLIES 3

drop4205
Level 12
shouldnt power connector to psu be ok for power to fans and the connector to the motherboard control the fans? Just wondering myself as I thought bout getting these
Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900k, Phantex Evolove X, Seasonic Titanium 850W, Custom loop PE360+SE360 Rad, G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14 32g, Nvidia Reference RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1Tb, Windows 11

Thanks for the replies. I ended up buying a molex to fan connector adapter, and am just going to go straight from PSU to fan controller. Should arrive tomorrow, so I'll let you know how I get on.