cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sonic Studio won't open in WIndows 10 v1607

Terepin
Level 8
It starts in tray bar, but configuration window won't open. I'm gonna try newer version I found on the Internet.

EDIT: Nope, neither them work. Bummer.
EDIT2: This one work: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/audio/Realtek_Audio_Win7-81-10_V6017629_Sonic_2216.zip?_ga=1.1...
150 REPLIES 150

AmirShred
Level 8
I just updated to anniversary build and sonic studio stopped opening. I secure erased my SSD, did a fresh install then installed the latest Realtek package on ASUS.com. Everything works fine now. Microsoft botched that update!

AmirShred wrote:
I just updated to anniversary build and sonic studio stopped opening. I secure erased my SSD, did a fresh install then installed the latest Realtek package on ASUS.com. Everything works fine now. Microsoft botched that update!

oh? you mean i should do that too? i hate erasing my stuff all over again damn it

AmirShred wrote:

@Nate152 no version info visible. i think you use an older version. read the topic again. it is a problem with the latest asus update in combination with 1607 windows update

@scaramonga you use an older version. we talk about the latest. we know how to switch back, but asus has to update there driver. im able to clean and reinstall, but many other people want a running setup routine.

kenterfie wrote:

@scaramonga you use an older version. we talk about the latest. we know how to switch back, but asus has to update there driver. im able to clean and reinstall, but many other people want a running setup routine.

I use the 'latest' version from the ASUS site for my board (HERO Alpha), which is 2.2.22, there is no later version for my board on that site. So, as far as I'm concerned, latest version, for me, is working.

kenterfie wrote:
@Nate152 no version info visible. i think you use an older version. read the topic again. it is a problem with the latest asus update in combination with 1607 windows update

I use the latest version on asus.com with Windows 10 anniversary build. The ASUS download installs and works fine if you fresh install Windows as others have said. The problem isn't ASUS' software it is how the Windows update is applied. It may be possible for ASUS/Realtek to patch that issue but it is more likely you will need to perform a fresh install of Windows to fix the source of the issue.

ondersma80 wrote:
I use the latest version on asus.com with Windows 10 anniversary build. The ASUS download installs and works fine if you fresh install Windows as others have said. The problem isn't ASUS' software it is how the Windows update is applied. It may be possible for ASUS/Realtek to patch that issue but it is more likely you will need to perform a fresh install of Windows to fix the source of the issue.

I did clean install. Still doesn't work.

Terepin wrote:
I did clean install. Still doesn't work.

Bummer, that means the issue is going to be config or board dependent then. I went back and re-read this thread from page one and it looks like Maximus VIII Hero Alpha users are the ones reporting it works fine. I didn't even see what board you have Terepin and you have no system specs posted. Also, as a friendly tip: if you actually have this issue and want it fixed, when the forum admin asks what version numbers you have tried ((as Bahz did over a week ago) just respond. He can get that info to the software team.

Hopefully ASUS can get a patch around for those of you that have this issue.

ondersma80 wrote:
Bummer, that means the issue is going to be config or board dependent then. I went back and re-read this thread from page one and it looks like Maximus VIII Hero Alpha users are the ones reporting it works fine. I didn't even see what board you have Terepin and you have no system specs posted. Also, as a friendly tip: if you actually have this issue and want it fixed, when the forum admin asks what version numbers you have tried ((as Bahz did over a week ago) just respond. He can get that info to the software team.

Hopefully ASUS can get a patch around for those of you that have this issue.

ya totally, I installed my windows fresh when redstone first day came out on iso with usb thumbdrive from MS or is there another way you recommend installing it?

If a clean install doesn't fix it then ASUS should figure it out on their end.

It seems it works for HERO Alpha but not the Maximus.

I mean it doesn't really matter if you're using an older driver for something like sound so it's not all that bad.