Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG MAXIMUS VIII Z170 New BIOS 3504 is released

vstar
Level 7
MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA BIOS 3504
1.Update new CPU microcode
2.Fixed Raid Card issue.
3.Improved system stability and performance.
4.Improved VGA cards and storage device compatibility
5.Fixed KB/MS devices issues
6.Fixed Plextor device issue

Has anyone updated it yet? Please share your options/issues with the new BIOS 3504:)
50 REPLIES 50

OldMike65
Level 8
Just updated mine this morning, had no problems. ( bios 3504) Everything seems to be working fine.
I used the USB method. Just re-named my bios file to M8HA.CAP , then put it on a usb stick, went into my bios, Tools menu, choose ASUS Easy Flash, then choose USB method, it found my usb drive with the bios file immediately, upgraded my bios, rebooted, then went back into my bios and made the necessary changes, rebooted again, checked my bios settings, everything looked fine. Then booted back into my Windows 10 Pro. This was quite a painless bios upgrade 🙂

fpollan
Level 8
No problems here in Hero.

no problems here
installed through usb in bios
smooth

Upgraded M8F to this and have noticed an issue if anyone can help .

When powering on from cold boot ( power switch at wall was off ) system powers on then off after a second and then powers on and boots .
This only happens after I have set O/C to XMP profile , if I set to defaults then it doesn't occur but then my memory ( Corsair Dom's ) aren't running at full speed .

This has not happened with all other versions I have used since getting this board ( only BIOS I didn't use was the beta 3101 )

Anyone any idea's or shall I roll back ?

UPDATE -- Issue confirmed , I have rolled back to 3401 and the above behaviour goes away so something not quite right with this

AndyVee wrote:

When powering on from cold boot ( power switch at wall was off ) system powers on then off after a second and then powers on and boots .
This only happens after I have set O/C to XMP profile , if I set to defaults then it doesn't occur but then my memory ( Corsair Dom's ) aren't running at full speed .

This has not happened with all other versions I have used since getting this board ( only BIOS I didn't use was the beta 3101 )

UPDATE -- Issue confirmed , I have rolled back to 3401 and the above behaviour goes away so something not quite right with this

I have the same issue .... 😞 trying to fix it ....

AndyVee wrote:

This was normal behavior on previous platforms when cutting off power to the board.

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about.
Intel i9 10850K@ 5.3GHz
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E
Corsair H115i Pro XT
G.Skill TridentZ@ 3600MHz CL14 2x16GB
EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FWT3 Ultra
Storage: WD Blue SN550 2TB NVMe M.2
EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2
ASUS ROG Strix Helios GX601

NemesisChild wrote:
This was normal behavior on previous platforms when cutting off power to the board.

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about.

Fair enough but it wasn't normal behaviour on any other bios for this board , I don't see why it would need to power on , power off ( and presumably load some bios changes ) and then re-power on every time , it should be set once and forget .
The behaviour is same as if you set bad OC setting and it powers off to reset .
In any case I have gone back to 3401 and all is back to normal .

AndyVee wrote:
In any case I have gone back to 3401 and all is back to normal .

The problem with older BIOS is the obsolete Intel microcode. Unless you use Linux where you can load the microcode from the bootloader.

AndyVee wrote:

I am reassured to see I am not the only one. I noticed this issue from BIOS 3503. I have found that many other users have reported the same behaviour: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?94871-CROSSHAIR-VI-HERO-Less-Cold-boot-bug-Cold-boot-start... or http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/291176-30-asus-board-kinda-boot-fans-spin-stops-spin-again or http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/296077-30-cold-boot-start-stop-start-problem or https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/asus-p5q-with-double-booting-after-a-cold-start-power-unplugged....

Each time this is an ASUS board, and this has been reported for many years, again with specific BIOS versions. Would be great wif ASUS could provide an explanation, but they seem to do this for some reason.

I noticed this happens either from cold, or by using the reset CMOS button, which shuts down the motherboard completely (as seen by the lights going off), probably having a similar effect to a cold boot.