cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random crashes, BSOD and now unable to install windows (SOLVED)

speedosolli
Level 7
Hi,

Im having problems with my new skylake build.

MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero
CPU: Intel core i7 6700K Skylake
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 MHz 16GB
CPU cooler: Corsair H110i GT Hydro
GPU:MSI GeForce GTX 970 4gb
SSD: Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB
PSU: Cooler master G750m, 750W
Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D Midi tower

After i assembled the computer, it worked fine for about 4-5 days. I decided to used the 5way optimisation, and it overclocked my CPU to 4,6ghz. It continued to work perfectly for about a day or two. Than the troubles started lining up.
Starting with random game crashes, followed by series of random reboots with the q-code 55 error, and finally the horrible BSOD for:
acp_index_mistmatch,
pagefault_in_unpaged_area,
kernel_apc_pending_during_exit,
just a big sad face on a blue screen,
and sometimes just random letters and signs.

What i did to try fix it.
- Clear CMOS
- Update bios to the newest version
- Memtest 86, with 4 passes over 13h, no errors
- Checked cpu and socket, do visible damages
- Checked all cables for dust and damages
- Tested with another HDD
- Tested without GPU

At this point i will get the BSOD everytime i try to install windows.

Does anyone have a clue what could be causing this?
46 REPLIES 46

baggio2121
Level 7
Whats the error code in bsod ;

For start clear cmos and take off mobos battery for 5 minutes . make sure that psu is off

baggio2121 wrote:
Whats the error code in bsod ;

For start clear cmos and take off mobos battery for 5 minutes . make sure that psu is off

The codes are all different from time to time, but mainly the apc_index_mismatch.
Yeah, i allready tried taking out the battery but nothing changed. What i experienced is that if i enable XMP to 3000MHz i can sometimes get the pc working for a while, but as soon as i try to install windows and the computer reboots i get the Q-code 55 error.

baggio2121
Level 7
You must have corrupted scsi and ide drivers . If you change the hdd and the problem remains that's must be the problem .

Try to check disk for errors via Windows installation disk.

Also try to open the pc with f5 "last known good configuration" .

Maybe you install something that conflicts drivers .

baggio2121 wrote:
You must have corrupted scsi and ide drivers . If you change the hdd and the problem remains that's must be the problem .

Try to check disk for errors via Windows installation disk.

Also try to open the pc with f5 "last known good configuration" .

Maybe you install something that conflicts drivers .

Yeah it's crossed my mind, but since i formated my drive like 5 times, wouldnt that eliminate driverconflict?
Correct me if im wrong 😛

Black_Phoenix
Level 8
The Q-Code 55 means:

50 – 53
Memory initialization error. Invalid memory type or incompatible memory
speed
Unspecified memory initialization error
Memory not installed

Invalid CPU type or Speed

Memory not Installed, so remove, reseat your DIMM modules (probably also the reason why it works temporarily when you activate the XMP profile) and if not try starting the PC a DIMM module each time.

Try also this:

Black Phoenix wrote:
The Q-Code 55 means:

Memory not Installed, so remove, reseat your DIMM modules (probably also the reason why it works temporarily when you activate the XMP profile) and if not try starting the PC a DIMM module each time.

Try also this:

Allright so i took out all the ram and placed them back in. Cleared cmos and booted the computer, now i suddenly get the q-code 62 and the light for the gpu is solid white.
I must admit this is sort of confusing for me, but i guess that implies either a faulty gpu or psu?

Nate152
Hi speedosolli

Double check you have both the 6-pin and 8-pin pcie power cables connected to your gtx 970, also check they're secured at the psu end.

Nate152 wrote:
Hi speedosolli

Double check you have both the 6-pin and 8-pin pcie power cables connected to your gtx 970, also check they're secured at the psu end.

Done, the psu doesnt have an external connection for the powercables. I did get a new q-code tho. b-6 (clean up of nvram). Not sure what that means

speedosolli wrote:
Done, the psu doesnt have an external connection for the powercables. I did get a new q-code tho. b-6 (clean up of nvram). Not sure what that means

Try booting up your system without your GPU to see if it posts correctly. If not, take note of the QCODE being displayed on the DEBUG LED. I will also need you to look beside the 24 pin power connector to identify the 4 QLEDs. Do any of them remain lit?