cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAM + MB + CPU help - My New Gaming Build

Rampagerabbit
Level 7
Hi guys,

I have just purchase below parts for my new gaming PC build. I'm a bit nervous that the RAM (G.SKILL TridentZ Series F4-3200C14D-32GTZ 32 GB (16 GB x 2)) I got, might not be compatible with the mobo, as I cannot find them on QVL for the mobo. Could you have a look at my build below, and see if there would, or could be any compatible issues here? I would much appriciate your view and feedback on this.

CASE: Cooler Master MasterCase Maker 5 - Black
CPU: i5 6600K - Socket 1151
PSU: EVGA 750W SuperNOVA Gold PSU
MB: ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Forumla
RAM: 32GB G.Skill TridentZ Series DDR4 3200 MHz
GRAPHICS: ASUS GeForce ROG GTX 1070 OC 8GB
COOLING: 5x120MM
CPU COOLING: Noctua NH-D15 140MM
SSD: 750GB Crucial MX300 + 120GB HyperX Fury for Windows
HDD: 2TB

Best regards
Rampagerabbit
6 REPLIES 6

Nate152
Hi Ramapgerabbit

Welcome to the ROG forum.

It looks good from here, when looking at ram compatibility always look at the ram manufacturers QVL list.

Click on the QVL tab.

http://www.gskill.com/en/product/f4-3200c14d-16gtzko

Nate152 wrote:
Hi Ramapgerabbit

Welcome to the ROG forum.

It looks good from here, when looking at ram compatibility always look at the ram manufacturers QVL list.

Click on the QVL tab.

http://www.gskill.com/en/product/f4-3200c14d-16gtzko

Thanks Nate,

Glad to be here. Thank you very much for the link, make more since now 🙂
Now all I need to do, is just wait for the parts to arrive next week...

Best regards
Rampagerabbit

Nate152
You're welcome

You're going to like the ROG maximus viii formula and the ROG Strix 1070 it's what I have.

Both have RGB lighting and can be semi synced, you can set them both to static mode and have all the same color like below. You can set them both to music mode and they'll pulse to the music. Breathing, strobing and color cycle modes cannot be synced.

Here is the ROG maximus viii formula and ROG strix 1070, don't worry the back plate logo is plenty bright even though it doesn't show it in this picture.

ROG maximus viii formula and ROG Strix RX 460.

Chino
Level 15
Rampagerabbit wrote:

I have just purchase below parts for my new gaming PC build. I'm a bit nervous that the RAM (G.SKILL TridentZ Series F4-3200C14D-32GTZ 32 GB (16 GB x 2)) I got, might not be compatible with the mobo, as I cannot find them on QVL for the mobo. Could you have a look at my build below, and see if there would, or could be any compatible issues here? I would much appriciate your view and feedback on this.

If you're looking for the best plug-n-play compatibility with no user intervention required, try not to stray too far from 2133MHz.

Jagdseelen
Level 8
Make sure the RAM is not tall for the CPU cooler to fit as you may need to change the RAM or the CPU cooler.

hiong
Level 8
do note that you are likely to lose the use of the 1st PCIe x1 slot, as the NH-D15 will encroach over it.