cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCIE Primary Boot option won't stick !?

Adrian1976
Level 10
Have onboard graphics disabled but despite this I have selected PCIE as my primary boot GPU and everytime I go back to the bios it's reverted back to AUTO !?
11 REPLIES 11

Legolas
Level 9
What motherboard?
Sincerely,
Legolas

Nate152

Maximus VIII Hero, I'm saving with F10 like I do with all settings but for some reason that won't stick on PCIE

Nate152
Are you changing it on the advanced tab, system agent configuration, graphics configuration?

If render standby is enabled try disabling it.

Nate152 wrote:
Are you changing it on the advanced tab, system agent configuration, graphics configuration?

If render standby is enabled try disabling it.

It's already disabled.

NemesisChild
Level 12
Adrian1976 wrote:
Have onboard graphics disabled but despite this I have selected PCIE as my primary boot GPU and everytime I go back to the bios it's reverted back to AUTO !?

Not exactly a problem, but I'm experiencing the same issue with this bios option.
I would have thought that bios updates might correct this, but it still persists with 2001.

Again not a big deal, but it's odd that it won't stick after saving.
Intel i9 10850K@ 5.3GHz
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E
Corsair H115i Pro XT
G.Skill TridentZ@ 3600MHz CL14 2x16GB
EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FWT3 Ultra
Storage: WD Blue SN550 2TB NVMe M.2
EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2
ASUS ROG Strix Helios GX601

NemesisChild wrote:
Not exactly a problem, but I'm experiencing the same issue with this bios option.
I would have thought that bios updates might correct this, but it still persists with 2001.

Again not a big deal, but it's odd that it won't stick after saving.

I agree not a big deal but never had this problem with my previous P8Z77-V

Chino
Level 15
As long as a GPU is present, the motherboard will always use it as the default display device. There is no need to modify anything in the BIOS.

hiong
Level 8
try setting it to PEG instead of PCIE. I think PEG is the 2 grey PCIE slots on your motherboard, which are linked to the CPU PCIE lanes, while PCIE is for the sole full length black PCIE slot, which is linked to the Z170 chipset PCIE lanes.