cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oh man, now I cant get into bios, argggggggg, screammmmmmm..... :(

the_wee_man
Level 8
I changed the setting in bios so that I didnt want to see the asus logo appear at boot up time and now the normal "delete" key tapping wont let me get back into bios 😞 ??

Help please 😞
755 Views
25 REPLIES 25

ChrizDoe
Level 7
there is a program on your mobo download page that lets you reboot right into bios, i think its called Asus Boot Setting

ChrizDoe wrote:
there is a program on your mobo download page that lets you reboot right into bios, i think its called Asus Boot Setting


i think its called keybot ii, i downloaded it and installed it to the computer/desktop but i dont see any other options anywhere to use my delete key to get in bios on bootup 😞 ?

ChrizDoe
Level 7
nope keybot ii is something different. asus boot setting adds a program, you open it in windows, press the button that says "Reboot into bios" (or something like that) and your pc shuts down, starts up and automatically enters bios

Edit: actually it says "DirectBIOS" and its definetly called Asus boot setting, i just checked

ondersma80
Level 7
If you use a modern OS like Windows 10 installed in UEFI mode you also have the option built right in. Just hold SHIFT down when clicking restart in the start menu. It will give you the option to boot into UEFI under the troubleshooting menu.

ondersma80 wrote:
If you use a modern OS like Windows 10 installed in UEFI mode you also have the option built right in. Just hold SHIFT down when clicking restart in the start menu. It will give you the option to boot into UEFI under the troubleshooting menu.


wow 🙂 happy days thank goodness, it worked just as you said by holding SHIFT key down when clicking restart in the start menu. It gave me the options as you described, thank you 🙂

ondersma80 wrote:
If you use a modern OS like Windows 10 installed in UEFI mode you also have the option built right in. Just hold SHIFT down when clicking restart in the start menu. It will give you the option to boot into UEFI under the troubleshooting menu.


Hello everyone again, been a while since I have been on as I have been in Hospital etc.

Anyways, on the same subject of this thread and the answer that ondersma80 gave me, those instructions did work fine before like I mentioned but now I cant see the option to boot into bios/UEFI when I restart using the method that did work.

Holding shift when clicking restart still takes me to some options but I cant see any for booting into bios/uefi, I was able to before obviously but something seems as if its changed now for some reason, I dont know what though, maybe a windows update or something ? I dont know.

Someone else was using the pc while I was in the hospital so its possible that windows done updates I guess, not sure though.

Anyway, question is, can I still boot into bios using this method on windows 10, if so can someone tell me how I do it please ?

Thanks.

the wee man wrote:
Hello everyone again, been a while since I have been on as I have been in Hospital etc.

Anyways, on the same subject of this thread and the answer that ondersma80 gave me, those instructions did work fine before like I mentioned but now I cant see the option to boot into bios/UEFI when I restart using the method that did work.

Holding shift when clicking restart still takes me to some options but I cant see any for booting into bios/uefi, I was able to before obviously but something seems as if its changed now for some reason, I dont know what though, maybe a windows update or something ? I dont know.

Someone else was using the pc while I was in the hospital so its possible that windows done updates I guess, not sure though.

Anyway, question is, can I still boot into bios using this method on windows 10, if so can someone tell me how I do it please ?

Thanks.


anyone please ?

ondersma80 wrote:
If you use a modern OS like Windows 10 installed in UEFI mode you also have the option built right in. Just hold SHIFT down when clicking restart in the start menu. It will give you the option to boot into UEFI under the troubleshooting menu.


thanks you all for the responses 🙂

strange though how this option that ondersman80 posted earlier used to work but Its like I said previously, I can still get some options that way but I dont see any option for booting into the bios now, thats the strange part.

Can someone with windows 10 please try what is described in ondersman80's post and see if you can see the option I used to be able to get that allowed that allowed me to boot into bios ?

Cheers and thanks again.

Chino
Level 15
Clear your CMOS.

or

Disconnect the fan cable for your heatsink from the CPU_FAN header and plug it into another fan header. When you turn on your system. an error message will come up warning you that nothing is connected to the CPU_FAN header prompting you to go into the BIOS.