cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Information on KeyBot II Software for Maximus VIII Series Motherboards

Bahz
Level 12
We wanted to take the time to share some additional information regarding KeyBot II. For those unfamiliar with our KeyBot II software, it’s a software that works in combination with the built-in custom IC chip on our Maximus VIII series motherboards. KeyBot II allows a user to be able to perform macro and other multimedia functions through their standard keyboard. The non-standard keyboards like certain gaming keyboards which have their own firmware, software, and macro functions will likely not work with KeyBot II.

Below is a summary of important points we want to share with everyone:

• The KeyBot button no longer exists on the motherboards, you have to enable or disable the KeyBot II functionality through the KeyBot II software.
  • For S5 mode, you need to press and hold down the corresponding key for 2 seconds to activate it.

F11: OC
F12: XMP
Del: Directly enter into BIOS
C+L+R: Clear CMOS (new feature on KeyBot II)
Enter: Power on (new feature on KeyBot II)

• When KeyBot II is turned off, you can wake up your PC by pushing any key on your keyboard for S4 power state. When KeyBot II is turned on, you can only wake your PC through pressing the S5 hotkeys.
  • The and key on the numpad will not work under S5 mode.
11 REPLIES 11

rtfmoz wrote:
Please ask the software team to debug this issue.

Fresh install Windows 10 64bit
Razer DeathAdder Chroma Wired Mouse w/Razer Synapse Software v2.20.
Latest KeyBotII V1.01.02 installed as per ASUS website but in off state.

Issue:
Switch ON KeyBotII and mouse now only lives on edge of screen.
Only solution is to uninstall the software.

Additional detail:
The default ON state of this software on ASUS DVD supplied with the Motherboard means after install you can no longer use the mouse.

Thanks for reporting this, I'll pass this over to our software team to look into this issue.

sdmf74
Level 11
Everything seems to be working with M9F and Ducky one tkl rgb but the statement below doesnt seem to be true, I can wake from sleep by pressing any key on my keyboard and this is with keybot software turned on.

"When KeyBot II is turned off, you can wake up your PC by pushing any key on your keyboard for S4 power state. When KeyBot II is turned on, you can only wake your PC through pressing the S5 hotkeys."
ASUS Maximus 13 Hero, Intel I9 11900k, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA