cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New BIOS 1701

reupens
Level 7
Available for the Maximus VIII Hero and others.

Change log is just 'Improve system stability'.

Hero link: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/MAXIMUS_VIII_HERO/MAXIMUS-VIII-HERO-ASUS-1701.zip
82 REPLIES 82

Kenrou wrote:
No need to be cynical, was an honest question (i'm a hardware person, not software). Why wouldn't this be on the current 1701 BIOS, Asus slacking off ?

that's the ultimate question.
but i guess it's just to avoid any problems in the future for regular users

AmirShred
Level 8
Still no 1701 for the Maximus VIII Hero Alpha?

Having weird issue where my system blue screens if I disable CPU SVID. I have to set it to Auto in order to boot. I have my system overclocked to 4.6 and it was stable. Also my system will not shutdown consistently, but this may be related to windows updates that just installed. I am using a Formula by the way.

AmirShred wrote:
Still no 1701 for the Maximus VIII Hero Alpha?

I contacted ASUS and asked why 1701 was released for every Maximus VIII board except the Hero Alpha and they said, "it was missed I apologize for the inconvenience. I will intimate the development team". I think intimate is international tech support for inform but if not I am cool with some huggin and kissin between departments if things get done.

AmirShred wrote:
I contacted ASUS and asked why 1701 was released for every Maximus VIII board except the Hero Alpha and they said, "it was missed I apologize for the inconvenience. I will intimate the development team". I think intimate is international tech support for inform but if not I am cool with some huggin and kissin between departments if things get done.

You sure he didn't mean "intimidate" 57342
CPU: i7-6700k @4.7ghz
Cooler: Noctua NH-D15
GPU: Strix 980ti OC

RAM: 2x 8GB Ripjaws V 3200mhz C14
Motherboard: Maximus VIII Hero

SSD: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250gb
HDD: 1x WD Black 4TB
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W Gold
CASE: Fractal Define R5 Black

AmirShred wrote:
I think intimate is international tech support for inform

The adjective "intimate" and the verb "intimate" are spelled the same, yet pronounced differently.

The adjective rhymes with "mutt" (as does the identically-spelled noun). The verb rhymes with "eight."

I can't say that I agree with the Asus man's usage: to intimate is inferring in implication—so, same as sending some similarly-subtle secretive surreptitious signal. Fortune favors the bold!

AmirShred wrote:
I think intimate is international tech support for inform

The adjective "intimate" and the verb "intimate" are spelled the same, yet pronounced differently.

The adjective rhymes with "mutt" (as does the identically-spelled noun). The verb rhymes with "eight."

I can't say that I agree with the Asus man's usage: to intimate is inferring in implication—so, same as sending some similarly-subtle secretive surreptitious signal. Fortune favors the bold!

ondersma80
Level 7
BIOS 1701 for the Maximus VIII Hero Alpha has appeared. Just like 1701 for the other M8 boards, it promises to IMPROVE SYSTEM STABILITY!

BIGGRIMTIM - funny you mention that. I wasn't sure if this was something new that happened with the updated BIOS, or if this was something wrong on my end.

When i disable SVID, i don't get a blue screen but after the ROG splash screen where it says press F2 to enter BIOS etc., the following screen where the system's loading and the little white circles are looping around, i get a complete freeze / lock up at this point and have to do a hard reset. No blue screen or any warnings, the screen just freezes. Started to question my CPU voltage and wondering if I set something up wrong. Overclocking mine by just adjusting the multiplier to 45.

I have Ranger model and can't update my MB. When I trying do this online - no new udpate is found.
I've also downloaded BIOS from asus site but during installation I get: "asus ez flash reading failed"
My current version is 1601...