cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEed help with bluetooth not working in Windows 10 (Maximus formula VIII)

jpgodwin
Level 7
Hi there

I'm having a rather large issue getting Bluetooth to work in Windows 10. It simply doesn't work. I cannot find any bluetooth devices, and no bluetooth devices can find my computer.

Motherboard is new, and initially it worked fine, then one day just stopped, and nothing I did would fix it. I've formatted and reinstalled Windows 10, I've tried every single solution I can find online, and nothing makes this motherboard's bluetooth controller work.

Interestingly, I can plug a bluetooth bluetooth dongle in and everything works just fine, so it's definitely not a Windows problem as far as I can tell.

If anyone can point me in the right direction to fix this, that would be great.

Thanks!
36 REPLIES 36

Same problem here

Was working fine until i tried to use my Xbox One S controller and i noticed the icon was missing, i tried everything.

Same thing happened to me I had bluetooth was using my headsets with them then all of a sudden tried to connect my xbox one s controller and bluetooth was missing. Try doing windows trouble shooting windows doesn't see a bluetooth device and wants me to plugin in an external bluetooth.

I tried to redownload and reinstall the bluetooth drivers from asus and it didn't do anything.

If anyone has a solution it would be helpful.

I have a Maximus VIII Impact.

Edit:
Other things I just tried Updated the wifi drivers 12.0.0.278 and bluetooth drivers to 10.0.0.279
I also Disabled and Enabled the bluetooth from the bios.
My computer still thinks I don't have bluetooth on the machine.

I have the same problem with Maximus IX Code right out of the box. I just bought it yesterday and so excited to upgrade my PC. Everything is perfect, the qcode shows A0 which mean everything is correctly installed until i tried to connect my PC with my bluetooth speaker. The connection was unstable, if anything get between my pc and the speaker, the connection is lost, then I opened Setting, the Turn on/off Bluetooth was not there anymore. I google it and saw that many people have the same problem. Even i reset my PC, the Bluetooth was not there. Window doesn't recognize my motherboard has Bluetooth build in. There are 2 ways to get Bluetooth again:
1. Shut down your PC, unplug the power and plug it again
2. Go to Device Manager and disable the Bluetooth then enable it again
The Bluetooth will come back but it will happen again. I don't know it because BIOS or the mainboard. If it was beacuse of BIOS, i think it will effect every maximus mainboard's owners, but look like there are few of us have this problem*

kentieu wrote:
I have the same problem with Maximus IX Code right out of the box. I just bought it yesterday and so excited to upgrade my PC. Everything is perfect, the qcode shows A0 which mean everything is correctly installed until i tried to connect my PC with my bluetooth speaker. The connection was unstable, if anything get between my pc and the speaker, the connection is lost, then I opened Setting, the Turn on/off Bluetooth was not there anymore. I google it and saw that many people have the same problem. Even i reset my PC, the Bluetooth was not there. Window doesn't recognize my motherboard has Bluetooth build in. There are 2 ways to get Bluetooth again:
1. Shut down your PC, unplug the power and plug it again
2. Go to Device Manager and disable the Bluetooth then enable it again
The Bluetooth will come back but it will happen again. I don't know it because BIOS or the mainboard. If it was beacuse of BIOS, i think it will effect every maximus mainboard's owners, but look like there are few of us have this problem*

Did try you disable power saving settings for Bluetooth and other power saving settings inside of BIOS?

My board is new and I've never successfully installed a bluetooth device:

1. Initially, it would search for a bluetooth peripheral to pair, but never find it even though it was discoverable.

2. Later, attempting to pair would lead to an error message, and subsequent investigation showed that no bluetooth device is appearing in Device Manager ()that is, it is not seeing the MB-based bluetooth radio). Repeated attempts to install and uninstall and reinstall the Asus/Broadcom drivers have not solved the problem (i.e. no device ever shows in Device Manager). I have tried both the drivers on the disc and the drivers on the website. Going to try and get Ubuntu setup on a USB to confirm the MB-based bluetooth is working.

Very anxious to get this working on my new board! In the meantime I ordered a $6 adapter that I do not want to have to use longterm.

Thanks for looking into this Asus team!

scgt1
Level 8
I had to put the keyboard right up against the antenna to get it to see the device.

I'm having the same issue, bluetooth not working. I've installed the latest driver from the asus website and it installs fine. Reboot the pc and no bluetooth. I've plugged in the antenna, made sure bluetooth is enabled in the bios. I'm using windows 10 with the latest creators update.

I've checked in device manager and there is no bluetooth listed.
Any help?

Bahz
Level 12
Can everyone please list out the Bluetooth driver you're currently using, OS version and build, and MB BIOS version? I'll collect back all of this information for our MB team and they'll look into this. Thanks.

I am using a Maximus VIII Impact
Windows 10 version 1703 (OS Build 15063.447)
Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4 Bluetooth drivers 10.0.0.279
Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4 Wifi drivers 10.0.0.278
BIOS 3401

I was using bluetooth drivers 10.0.0.137 until i updated it, unless windows updated my bluetooth drivers for me.

somethingsketchy wrote:
I am using a Maximus VIII Impact
Windows 10 version 1703 (OS Build 15063.447)
Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4 Bluetooth drivers 10.0.0.279
Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4 Wifi drivers 10.0.0.278
BIOS 3401

I was using bluetooth drivers 10.0.0.137 until i updated it, unless windows updated my bluetooth drivers for me.

I think that's exactly what happened, maybe rollback to previous drivers to see if it resolves the issue?