cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VIII Ranger and Wake on Lan

pk1209
Level 8
Hi all,

Hoping this is an easy one - I can't get Wake on Lan to work when my PC is powered down , works fine from sleep though.

Running Windows 10, fast startup is disabled, and I have also disabled fast boot in BIOS - is there another setting in BIOS I need to be looking for?

Cheers,

pk
8 REPLIES 8

pk1209
Level 8
Nevermind - found it!!

Hi

can you tell me how did you solve it ?

With windows 8.1 I didn't have problem with wake on lan, but when I upgrade to windows 10 it stopped to work and I didn't find
any solution....

thank you in advance and sorry for my bad english

Massimo

pk1209
Level 8
Hi,

Bios > Advanced > APM Configuration - Set "Power On by PCI-E/PCI" to enable and that should do it.

You need to disable fast startup in Win 10 still thought - http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-fast-startup-turn-off-windows-10-a.html

Cheers,

pk

Hi pk

unfortunately I enabled Power On by PCI-E/PCI and disabled fast startup...but it didn't solve the problem; I don't know what I can do.

Do you have any idea?

Anyway thank you

Massimo

pk1209
Level 8
Have you definitely got right drivers for LAN? When I upgraded to Win 10, the drivers Windows installed didn't work for WoL, but it was fine once I installed the proper Asus drivers.

Daytrader
Level 11
I just got a ranger board, have any of you updated to bios 0801, and if so did you update in the bios using ez flash 3, because i tried updating but keep getting selected file is not a proper bios!, i tried renaming file to M8R.CAP and not renaming file and leaving at MAXIMUS-VIII-RANGER-ASUS-0801.CAP, but still no go 😞 any ideals ?

A little off topic, since you guys are also using the Ranger VIII.
Do your motherboards also make a single click noise when it's booting up?

Skiwa wrote:
A little off topic, since you guys are also using the Ranger VIII.
Do your motherboards also make a single click noise when it's booting up?

That is the relay on the SupremeFX 2015