cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXIMUS VIII RANGER 0801 Bios

pk1209
Level 8
Hi,

Just notice this Bios is now out of beta - https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/MAXIMUS-VIII-RANGER/HelpDesk_Download/

Anyone here been using it - is it solid?

Cheers
26 REPLIES 26

TheGeekRedneck wrote:
I would tend to disagree with that statement wholeheartedly.

0905 is a trainwreck, especially where voltages are concerned. After flashing it I noticed that ALL voltages varied wildly from their set values no matter what they are. CPU vCore and DDR4 voltages are the most affected... I know of at least one other person who experienced the same issues and ended up going back to 0801.

There were other system abnormalities as well like wild (probably false) CPU temperature readings in AI Suite, fan profiles behaving oddly, etc.

The new 1001 is even worse. The adaptive voltage is out of control and the auto just spikes the VCORE to nearly 1.48.

bannonjacob wrote:
The new 1001 is even worse. The adaptive voltage is out of control and the auto just spikes the VCORE to nearly 1.48.

That's interesting, I see no sign of a 1001 BIOS for the Ranger...

TheGeekRedneck wrote:
That's interesting, I see no sign of a 1001 BIOS for the Ranger...

It is available atm on the asus drivers page (under win 10). I wouldn't touch it yet though.

Welp, I'm glad I read these posts, keeping 0801 for now.

I should comment though that I have "offset mode" with a 4.5GHz OC that has VCore around 1.3V, but I had 4.6 OC once (AI Suite thought it was a good idea) and the voltages were crazy, reaching 1.55V and shutting down itself soon after.

Daytrader
Level 11
Did you use usb flashback to update the bios ?

Saved the BIOS CAP file on hard disk and from BIOS, used EZ Flash uility.

Make sure you reset all the settings to default before and after updating.

Daytrader
Level 11
Tried to update to new bios and still get same error "selected file is not a proper bios!" tried everything, and i aint going to use flashback as worried it wont read it proper and mess my bios up.