As the title says, an audible single click comes from the motherboard just after the OS (whether Windows or Linux) appears on the screen. I have provided a brief overview of the single click in bullet-points.
- Has occurred since the motherboard was purchased (new)
- Does not appear to affect overclocking or other functions
- USB freezes for split-second when click is audible
- Heavy stress-test stability using LinX and AVX are fine
- Latest published BIOS (at time of posting)
- Encoding, gaming, general use appears fine
- Using most recent drivers (at time of posting)
I'm more curious, than concerned about this clicking sound, since it's been there for over 18 months.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be the cause? I have checked that all cables are correctly installed and have been assembling PCs since I was 14 (I'm now 29).
AMD Ryzen R9 5900X
ASUS ROG Strix B550-E (the worst motherboard I've owned in 25 years)
Corsair H150i Pro XT 360mm
32GB Corsair VENGEANGE LPX 3600MHz CL18
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Hybrid w/ 280mm radiator
M.2 WD 1TB SN550 | 2 * WD Blue 1TB SATA | 2 * Toshiba N300 8TB | 400TB on a 48-bay Supermicro server
Fractal Meshify 2
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro