cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VIII Hero (I need help)

Gabriel_Marques
Level 7
Hi everyone, im from Brazil and i bought the Maximus VIII Hero this year (january) in USA. My gf is living in the USA so i bought there because its way cheaper than here in Brazil.

The problem is: i cant use dual channel on my motherboard. I can only use channel A. Any combination using channel B (even one stick) i get Q-code 55.

I tried to contact ASUS support here but they said they dont cover since i bought in USA and not here...

I dont know what to do. I checked broken or bend pins in my motherboard, or anything unusual in my processor (cause the memory controller is there) but is everything normal.

I know a bit of computers (im not a complete noob) but i dont have any other DDR4 stick to see if there is any kind of incompatibility. I`ve checked the manual and this model is not there (the 8GB model), and i coudnt find anything about a complete list of compatible memorys from this mobo.
My memory is G-Skill TridentZ 3200Mhz (2x8GB)

Im almost sure that the problem is in my mobo, but i cant reach ASUS support. Is there a simple way to solve my problem? Is there any ASUS support e-mail? I can use my board normaly, and its working just fine. I cant only use double channel and it kinda sucks =/

Please help !!!!!! =(

ps: i tried to clear cmos, updated bios, mem-ok, and many other things...

I use (6700k, maximusviii hero, 2x8gb ddr4 tridentz, h80i, rm750, 980ti)
3 REPLIES 3

baggio2121
Level 7
Clear cmos and Download latest bios . check here for qvl of rams http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/MAXIMUS-VIII-HERO/HelpDesk_QVL/

Mine is F4-3200C16D-16GTZB

but there is only F4-3200C16D-16GTZ (without the B in the end)

Is there any chance that my channel B dont work because of the memory? Or is it compatible?

baggio2121
Level 7
You are right .asus site not qvl your rams but if you see gskill site http://www.gskill.com/en/product/f4-3200c16d-16gtzb your rams are in list .

Are you using latest bios ;
You must put them in A2 and B2 slots.

Remove battery, put button of psu in "off "and hold pressing cmos for 10 sec.
Then insert battery and try again .