cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus viii hero bios 1202

ondersma80
Level 7
So... another new bios. Beta 1202 released just 4 days after 1102. So what the heck is still wrong with 1102 that warranted an emergency beta 4 days later? Anyone try it and have thoughts?

edit - edited thread title as bios is no longer a beta releease
58 REPLIES 58

JET_1983
Level 7
glad to say the new bios seem solved the sound issue noise and now its working perfect ! 😮
Intel® Core™ i7-6700K Skylake
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero
Avexir Blitz Series 16GB 4X4GB 3000Mhz CL15 DDR4
GIGABYTE GTX980 G1 Gaming OC
Corsair 2x 128GB Gs series ssD, ADATA 1x SX900 256G, Samsung Evo 850 500G, Seagate Baracuda 1TB, WD Blue 1TB
ASUS MX279H - Full HD AH-IPS LED
Razer Kraken
Razer DEATHSTALKER EXPERT Gaming
Razer DEATHADDER 4G 6400dpi
Razer Guantler Control Edition
Antec 900w High Current Gaming
Corsair Graphite 780T Black - Corsair H100i
http://valid.x86.fr/yb0b85

JET_1983
Level 7
agreed i had one of that asrock z77 mobo before get this one and asrock fast boot option working fast !

but even after doing many of tweaks on this mobo with latest 1202 bios version boot not enough fast in compare asrock !
maybe asus should do something about this crappy boot time !
people with ssd's should be able to bootup os in 3 or 5 sec !

i think the sata and sata express doesnt works good on z170x chipset only on this mobo !

the new bios solved my sound issue and cpu high voltage but ! this one still remains !
Intel® Core™ i7-6700K Skylake
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero
Avexir Blitz Series 16GB 4X4GB 3000Mhz CL15 DDR4
GIGABYTE GTX980 G1 Gaming OC
Corsair 2x 128GB Gs series ssD, ADATA 1x SX900 256G, Samsung Evo 850 500G, Seagate Baracuda 1TB, WD Blue 1TB
ASUS MX279H - Full HD AH-IPS LED
Razer Kraken
Razer DEATHSTALKER EXPERT Gaming
Razer DEATHADDER 4G 6400dpi
Razer Guantler Control Edition
Antec 900w High Current Gaming
Corsair Graphite 780T Black - Corsair H100i
http://valid.x86.fr/yb0b85

voltage
Level 7
You have to set MRC fast boot (in DRAM Timing options etc.) to enabled and CSM(Boot options) to disabled. This will speed up things extremely and you will have boot times almost as fast as on ASRock motherboards with ultra fast boot when you are on Windows 8.1 or 10.
The CSM option makes 10 seconds of difference for me.

But other than that, i agree that the motherboard post takes very long time in the first place. For me it is like 6-7 seconds for the post screen to appear and 3 seconds for windows to be up and logged in.

voltage wrote:
You have to set MRC fast boot (in DRAM Timing options etc.) to enabled and CSM(Boot options) to disabled. This will speed up things extremely and you will have boot times almost as fast as on ASRock motherboards with ultra fast boot when you are on Windows 8.1 or 10.
The CSM option makes 10 seconds of difference for me.

But other than that, i agree that the motherboard post takes very long time in the first place. For me it is like 6-7 seconds for the post screen to appear and 3 seconds for windows to be up and logged in.

Wow, that really helped a lot! Post takes 3 times longer than the boot itself. 🙂

kiwaczek
Level 7
i just updated my BIOS to 1202 , and so far i think i back to 1102. New 1202 seems bugy for me, first of all vcore settings shows difference vs true voltage .
I.e. in BIOs i have set 1.355 +0.005 offset (adaptive) AI suite shows 1.375 ... .Beside this i has a problem run my CPU at 4.7 Ghz ( same settings as in 1102) .
Tok me saveral resets , back to default , boot system on 1,38 Vcore, then back to stable 1,36 .
Overall i think is not rly good bios

Celador
Level 7
As regards to sound issues - this beta bios doesn't fix them even though some people said it does. Im not entirely sure how bios would even prevent sound channel from closing and making that obnoxious popping sound.

As regards to booting faster - i've enabled MRC fast boot and tried disabling CSM which resulted in system not seeing any hard drives at all and booting directly into bios setup.
If i just enable MRC and keep CSM - booting times remain pretty much the same (about 20 seconds). The shutdown and reboot times are what's troubling me more to be honest. Sometimes they take more than 40 seconds.

Celador wrote:
As regards to sound issues - this beta bios doesn't fix them even though some people said it does. Im not entirely sure how bios would even prevent sound channel from closing and making that obnoxious popping sound.

As regards to booting faster - i've enabled MRC fast boot and tried disabling CSM which resulted in system not seeing any hard drives at all and booting directly into bios setup.
If i just enable MRC and keep CSM - booting times remain pretty much the same (about 20 seconds). The shutdown and reboot times are what's troubling me more to be honest. Sometimes they take more than 40 seconds.

I didn't have windows boot partition (ssd as default) and it limited my boot speed to over a minute, just make sure you cover your bases.

PS. Audio has only been mentioned as a Realtek problem, not a bios problem, and not the right place for that discussion obviously.

I too have an issue with the ErP settings and my keyboard being detected. I have a Corsair K70 RGB. When I enable R4 + R5 or R5 which I need to disable all leds and lighting when the PC is off the keyboard will not be detected when I boot it from cold. I need to replug it which is super annoying. On the other hand if I keep ErP disabled keyboard works fine everytime but the PC keeps glowing which forces me to switch the PSU off after shut down. I'm not happy with this. Please dont send me to corsair support it's not their fault. Keyboard works great when I plug it to my laptop. To me it looks like there is something not ok with how USB is being initialised. I see others are struggling with the same issue.

wasyl00 wrote:
I too have an issue with the ErP settings and my keyboard being detected. I have a Corsair K70 RGB. When I enable R4 + R5 or R5 which I need to disable all leds and lighting when the PC is off the keyboard will not be detected when I boot it from cold. I need to replug it which is super annoying. On the other hand if I keep ErP disabled keyboard works fine everytime but the PC keeps glowing which forces me to switch the PSU off after shut down. I'm not happy with this. Please dont send me to corsair support it's not their fault. Keyboard works great when I plug it to my laptop. To me it looks like there is something not ok with how USB is being initialised. I see others are struggling with the same issue.

Im using a K95 RGB.
I tried R4 + R5 both enabled / disabled it still doesnt power on cold boot. what USB port are u using?

My K95 RGB only works if i plug the USB of my keyboard (keyboard logo) on the KeyBot II supported USB port and the other USB (power logo) into any USB 2.0 ports.

I tried using just 1x USB 3.0, it doesnt power on cold boot unless I replug.

Another thing, if I use the front case 1x USB 3.0 / 2x USB 2.0 it power on cold boot!

I really dont know whats going on, you guys with the keyboard not powering problem should try the front case USB. My front case USB header im using is the one at the bottom (closest to the M.2 slot) not the one near the 24pin pwr

In looking at the link to download Bios 1202 it no longer lists it as a Beta Bios?