cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VIII Formula Led issue

pamarakos
Level 7
Hi
On Friday I've received my impressive at least Formula mb and together I've purchased a 6700k. Everything is going perfect except RGB Led lighting.

All previous motherboards I had, I was using them on hibernation when shutting down the pc so as to keep all my work open and moreover to be able
to charge my ipod or mobile phone or bluetooth headset and also to be able to turn on my pc by just pressing any key on my wireless keyboard!!

So now in order to have the led lights turned off when the pc is off I must enable ErP in bios on s4(hibernate)+s5(shut down), but this cuts off completely my USB
voltage and all previous uses are lost(I guess WakeOnLan is also lost). I also guess that if I use a led strip, it will also stay on all the time?? So I will light up all my room and the pc will be off??
Come on guys, please...

Is there any plan on a bios upgrade that it switches off the led lights on S4 state without enabling ErP or at least while having enabled ErP to be able to
enable USB voltage/use?

I guess other people have the same problem too as I've read on other thread on here and also on Google searching, so I guess any user with a 400+ (or even Hero
Alpha) which is not so much cheaper would like to have all the control.

Thanks a lot
Keep up the good work with your products, all of them are very impressive (my previous mb was a Sabertooth Z77, so the story goes on:) )
Regards to all and thanks for your time
7,457 Views
11 REPLIES 11

Nate152
Moderator
Hi pamarakos

You can turn off the LED's in the Aura program before shutting down your pc, you'll just have to turn them on when you start it back up.

Nate152 wrote:
Hi pamarakos

You can turn off the LED's in the Aura program before shutting down your pc, you'll just have to turn them on when you start it back up.


Is this the best solution Asus has to propose? Yes I know I can do this...but is this their best?
They made a first step by making Aura remember the settings last used but why not one more step to make it turn off when on hibernation?
We all want our pc to be automated, aren't we? 🙂

Nate152 wrote:
Hi pamarakos

You can turn off the LED's in the Aura program before shutting down your pc, you'll just have to turn them on when you start it back up.


Also by turning them off before shutting down the pc, Aura app doesn't remeber wha colour I was having last time, so every time I turn these back on, I mst re-find the colour...what is this??

Also is there a way to minimize the Aura window?

If you are on windows 10 you can turn off fast start up and this shuts down the PC fully rather than the hybrid sleep thing it does. This will turn of all the LED's on the board and any others be it mouse/keyboard.
"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad"

Swifty79 wrote:
If you are on windows 10 you can turn off fast start up and this shuts down the PC fully rather than the hybrid sleep thing it does. This will turn of all the LED's on the board and any others be it mouse/keyboard.


Thanks for your reply...

This way I can't wake up my pc via keyboard or mouse and also I can't charge any device when pc is off.
It s like ErP enabling in bios.
Anyways...again same results...

pamarakos wrote:
Thanks for your reply...

This way I can't wake up my pc via keyboard or mouse and also I can't charge any device when pc is off.
It s like ErP enabling in bios.
Anyways...again same results...


That's the sacrifice, like I said it shuts it down fully turning everything off. I've learned to live without the small things like usb charging and waking up the PC with mouse/keyboard, but that said everyone is different.
"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad"

Hey guys... looks like the latest bios v1902 fixes up the issue where the Formula VIII would not store the Aura LED setting if you switched the PC totally off from mains power.

It now remembers the setting even if powered down fully....!

Costas wrote:
Hey guys... looks like the latest bios v1902 fixes up the issue where the Formula VIII would not store the Aura LED setting if you switched the PC totally off from mains power.

It now remembers the setting even if powered down fully....!


But doesn't fix the hibernate - shutdown leds issue plus if you simply turn off the leds in AURA app and exit the app and re-open it you must find again the colour
you last used, it doesn't remember the last one used...

Also aura app cannot be minimized so as to leave it open and not have this "remembering" issue (if I just hit on again without exiting the app,it remembers
what last used) if I turn off the leds before hibernation. Has anyone founnd a way how to minimize it?

Thanks