cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus Hero VIII Microcode 2016-17

HeroVIII
Level 7
I open this post, to record that we have the ballast that we already live on its launch day Skylake with the microcode.

Apparently in his day was settled because the apps that worked in OpenGl stopped failing through updates Bios, Intel did the same also and Microsoft with the Xbox One controller and its incompatibility also I arranged, all this I lived close .

So, I do not know if there will be a post already, I'm sorry I have not found it, just as I have not seen it speak around the bug where I found it and it is:
Playing DOOM in Vulkan, exactly the same symptoms, when an hour passes the game begins to crash giving sound faults, fps fall, to make it totally unstable.

Is there anyone else that is happening ?.
Do you know if you are already working on a solution? ...
6 REPLIES 6

FuryA
Level 8
hi HeroVIII

Which Graphic Card do You usr for playing Doom
and what is the HD audio drive has been installed

FuryA@ASUS wrote:
hi HeroVIII

Hi FuryA@ASUS, Versión 6.0.1.7904, Gigabyte 970 G1.

FuryA@ASUS wrote:
hi HeroVIII

Hi FuryA@ASUS, Versión 6.0.1.7904, Gigabyte 970 G1.

Thanks for your quick response.

Maybe I can contribute something about my and other colleagues about the experience after investigating for 6 months the correction of the microcode of Skylake.
And it seems that a compatibility error with the accessory:
https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/es-es/products/gaming/xbox-one-controller-wireless-adapter-for...

Which is repeated with Vulkan.

Because, after many tests one of us decided one day to play with mouse and keyboard, and suddenly everything became stable, I connected the command and made the instability even stronger.
The command is Plug & Play and has no recent firmware in your Xbox Accessory App, and as I say in OpenGL at the moment it is going well and in Vulkan it does not work.

Something new FuryA@ASUS ?

Well, Doom also fails Microcode or incompatibility with this peripheral in OpenGL, after playing for 1h30min approx.

And another one that adds to the list of the bug of the Microcode or the incompatibility is the newly released Resident Evil VII with its demo Beginning Hour.

Please Asus review this matter, it is very annoying, and we are frustrated with our investment in this magnificent motherboard.