cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M8 Hero Bios 3703 download wrong file.

antonyfrn
Level 7
Hi just noticed that the page has been updated with the new bios but its the wrong file, MAXIMUS-VIII-HERO-ALPHA-ASUS-3703 seems they have uploaded the M8Hero Alpha bios in place.
48 REPLIES 48

xeizo
Level 12
Still wrong file, frustrating ...
R9 7950X - ASUS X670E Crosshair Extreme (bios 0803) - 32GB HyperX Fury Beast @6200c32 - Corsair H150i Pro - ASUS RTX3080 TUF OC V2 - Phanteks P400A - Corsair RM850 - WD SN850

xeizo wrote:

But expected. 😞

xeizo wrote:

I think it is a partial win just that they had a longer description than stability improvements lol

taglicht
Level 7
Sad, still wrong version, guess we have to wait until monday... ASUS stated, that newer boards will get their ME updated with the next BIOS release, all others need to be updated by tool. But because of the microcode update they were also forced to release a new BIOS for our "outdated" beloved VIII Hero. I couldn't find any hint regarding the Management Engine in the description, is the fixed ME Firmware also part of the new BIOS or do i have to update it seperatly using the Update Tool?

ezeht
Level 7
I would say if you need the new bios and have not done the MEI and Tool fix for Meltdown etc. I would get run the Detection Tool from Intel after a bios change or not just to be safe.. It will tell yah if your system is vulnerable or not-->>

Intel® Management Engine Critical Firmware Update (Intel-SA-00086)

Resources for Microsoft and Linux* users
Intel-SA-00086 Detection Tool

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000025619/software.html

If I updated the intel management engine with the tool, what happens next time I update the bios? Will the new bios overwrite the MEI if it contains a newer version? Will I need to run the tool again regardless?

I think it will be included in the bios update.

ezeht wrote:
I would say if you need the new bios and have not done the MEI and Tool fix for Meltdown etc. I would get run the Detection Tool from Intel after a bios change or not just to be safe.. It will tell yah if your system is vulnerable or not-->>

Intel® Management Engine Critical Firmware Update (Intel-SA-00086)

Resources for Microsoft and Linux* users
Intel-SA-00086 Detection Tool

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000025619/software.html

I thought if we're running 3504 and ME 11.7.0.1040, then we are not vulnerable, so why bother with this detection tool?

ezeht
Level 7
The detection tool is what it is- to see if vulnerable or not.. Suppose the updates did not install all tho you think they did.. This tool changes nothing- it just checks or scans to see if your system is safe or not and you can run it a million times when ever you wish if like.. I know I would and would after an bios update to just know if my system is safe or not.. Not just my system but all its for or is done on it- banking and pass words or what ever.. Heck yah I like to feel I am safe and tho these said fixes might not be as perfect secure as we might think.. It makes me feel a lil better no matter what and harms nothing and only takes a few seconds of our life.. Its not like removing teeth- and it did not come from pirate bay- its official Intel- so..

Also you do not have to have bios 3504.. I am using bios 2202 and installed both the MEI and ME Tool and the detection tool says I am Not Vulnerable.. Before I installed the updates the detection tool said I Was Vulnerable..