cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet cuts out when downloading

dolfan058
Level 7
Hi all,

Just bought a Maximus VIII Hero Alpha and I've been noticing that whenever I download, the my internet connection will show as "connected - no internet". The only way to restore internet is to disconnect/reconnect. My other devices remain connected to the router (ASUS RT-AC87U) and are able to browse the internet fine.

I've tried throttling download speeds, but that only delays the inevitable of the computer getting the "connected - no internet" situation. This only happens when I download, as if I'm not downloading, the PC remains connected to the internet no problem.

I don't have any QoS things setup on the router, and I've gone ahead and un-checked the "share internet" in the network device manager properties, and still no luck. Has anyone experienced anything similar with their board/router?

Thanks and let me know if you need any more info to diagnose.
5 REPLIES 5

Chino wrote:
Are you using a wired or wireless connection?

Wireless connection.

EDIT: BTW, loved your overclocking guide. Got to 4.7 stable at 1.35 adaptive volts with your help!

Chino
Level 15
That's excellent! You have a really nice CPU there. 🙂

Since you're on wireless connection, I have to ask. Might sound silly but have you connected the antennas to your motherboard? 🙂

Haha yes, it is connected, and it is secure.

Potentially silly question in return --- does it matter which antenna connector goes where? (There are 2 connectors, there isn't like a positive or a negative or something crazy like that, is there?)

Also made sure I have the latest WiFi drivers from the ASUS website. I've even gone so far as to uninstall in device manager to try a clean re-install, and I'm still suffering.

P.S. in case you need more info on the build, here's the PC Part Picker list -- http://pcpartpicker.com/list/ypdP3F

I'm getting the same too. its looks to be random for me. I can be watching a youtube video and it stops halfway or download a game at either full speed or half speed and get the no internet connection. my other pc and cellphones aren't affectt

I'll be following this thread! 🙂 worst case I'm going to buy a pci-e wifi adaptor.

2.4ghz

5.0ghz