1) Rename the file as below and then save it to the USB storage device’s ROOT directory.
For MB Model: MAXIMUS VIII EXTREME
- Filename: M8E.CAP
2) Shutdown and turn the computer OFF. But leave it plugged in.
3) Clear the CMOS. (press button on back of MB)
4) Insert the USB stick into the Flashback port on the motherboard (see diagram).
5) Press & Hold the USB BIOS Flashback button on the back of the MB for THREE SECONDS, until the LED begins to BLINK, then release.
6) WAIT till the LED stops blinking, indicating that BIOS flashing has been completed.
7) When flashing button stops.. Power on the computer, and WAIT, WAIT, WAIT!! It will reboot several times as it sets up the new BIOS.
😎 When it's done it should say Press F1 to go Setup BIOS.
Do not unplug the portable storage device, power the system down, or press the CLR_CMOS button while BIOS updating is ongoing, or the update will be interrupted. In case of interruption, follow the recommended procedures again to complete the BIOS update.
If the light flashes for five seconds and turns stable, USB BIOS Flashback is not operating properly. This may be caused by improper installation of the portable storage device, an error in the file name, or incompatibility in file formats. If this is the case, restart the system until the light clears, and check the file name and format.
BIOS updates may affect a PC in various ways. Should any issues with the BIOS arise as a result or your system is unable to boot, please contact your local ASUS support center for further assistance.