cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IGPU Multi-Monitor doesn't work in BIOS 3703?

Snacko
Level 7
I've been using BIOS 1601 for almost 2 years, and wanted to update my bios to hopefully fix other annoying problems. But I cannot get the Integrated graphics to work now. On BIOS 1601 I set the IGPU Multi-Monitor: Enabled, and I think I had the Primary Display: PCIE. I had triple-screens running on my nVidia GTX 1080TI, and had my touchscreen running on the IGPU. It worked fine!

But PCIE is no longer an option for Primary Monitor in 3703? It's gone. 3703 only has IGFX and PEG. And none of these settings enable my monitor! :mad:

Is 3703 any good? I want to overclock again and wouldn't have updated my BIOS except for trying to fix some BSOD with new graphics drivers and DCS World.

EDIT:
GPU-Z says the onboard Intel HD Graphics 530 has Multi-GPU: DISABLED? But it's ENABLED in the bios.
Intel I9-10850k / Asus ROG Maximus XIII Hero / G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200 / Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate CPU Cooler 360MM
Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC / Corsair 850watt CMPSU-850TX / 2 x M.2 (1 TB / 2 TB) EVO Plus/ /2x SanDisk 250gb SSDs (Raid0 total 500gb) / WD 2TB 3D Blue SSD
3 REPLIES 3

Snacko
Level 7
After more testing I noticed that there are 2 new settings for the On-Board graphics that do not appear until 'after' you Enable the IGPU Multi-Monitor, and reboot into the BIOS again.

• RC6(Render Standby)
  • DVMT PreAllocated

These settings are not documented in the latest Manual. Does anyone know how these should be set?? And what they? :rolleyes:

The monitor that I am using has been working with this On-Board Graphics for 2 years on the 1601 BIOS. So, this is new and improved bios sucks so far.

And now that I am using 3701, it keeps telling me that the 1601 CAB file is NOT a valid BIOS file, so EZ Flash will not let me set the BIOS back to what was working!! I even downloaded a new 1601 CAB file and get the same message! What is wrong wtih this. I update to a new BIOS and things stop working?? WTH! ARG! :mad:

Intel I9-10850k / Asus ROG Maximus XIII Hero / G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200 / Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate CPU Cooler 360MM
Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC / Corsair 850watt CMPSU-850TX / 2 x M.2 (1 TB / 2 TB) EVO Plus/ /2x SanDisk 250gb SSDs (Raid0 total 500gb) / WD 2TB 3D Blue SSD

Snacko
Level 7
After much trouble and worries, and thinking I had bricked my MB I got it back where I started. Which is good.

The newer BIOS would not let me flash my original 1601 bios where I had it oc'd to 4.8ghz stable for 2 years.

My first attempt at using the BIOS Flashback USB failed and it would no longer boot. But I was finally able to get it to flash the 1601 bios this way. From within the current bios said it was not a valid bios file.

So, now looking at my iGPU settings that are back working again, it appears that these are the settings that work. The new bios defaulted the DVMT to 64m. I am going to test this again with a newer bios and see if the 32m makes my iGPU work.

Also, that GPU-z Muti-GPU: Disabled still says disabled. So it was not an indicator that the iGPU was not working anyway. (I thought I had seen it say Enabled before). So forget that.

For anyone who has not done the USB BIOS Flashback, I wrote myself some instructions for when I forget all this next year. Here they are if it helps you. My USB stick was formatted to exFAT. (some instructions say it has to be FAT32, but exFAT worked, and I think NTFS may also work).

1) Rename the file as below and then save it to the USB storage device’s ROOT directory.
For MB Model: MAXIMUS VIII EXTREME
- Filename: M8E.CAP

2) Shutdown and turn the computer OFF. But leave it plugged in.
3) Clear the CMOS. (press button on back of MB)
4) Insert the USB stick into the Flashback port on the motherboard (see diagram).
5) Press & Hold the USB BIOS Flashback button on the back of the MB for THREE SECONDS, until the LED begins to BLINK, then release.
6) WAIT till the LED stops blinking, indicating that BIOS flashing has been completed.
7) When flashing button stops.. Power on the computer, and WAIT, WAIT, WAIT!! It will reboot several times as it sets up the new BIOS.
😎 When it's done it should say Press F1 to go Setup BIOS.

Done!

NOTE: ------------------------------------------------
Do not unplug the portable storage device, power the system down, or press the CLR_CMOS button while BIOS updating is ongoing, or the update will be interrupted. In case of interruption, follow the recommended procedures again to complete the BIOS update.
If the light flashes for five seconds and turns stable, USB BIOS Flashback is not operating properly. This may be caused by improper installation of the portable storage device, an error in the file name, or incompatibility in file formats. If this is the case, restart the system until the light clears, and check the file name and format.
BIOS updates may affect a PC in various ways. Should any issues with the BIOS arise as a result or your system is unable to boot, please contact your local ASUS support center for further assistance.

Snacko
Level 7
I flashed the latest 3702 bios to my M8E this morning. And setting that DVMT Pre-Allocated setting to 32m (instead of the default 64m) FIXED my problem. My Hanspree Touchscreen now works again.

The old 1601 BIOS defaulted that setting to 32m.
The new 3703 BIOS defaults that setting to 64m. I don't know why. But that doesn't work for me.