cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hero MoBo audio no longer stutters after today's install of BIOS 1701

Zforgetaboutit
Level 9
I'm using Realtek driver v6.0.1.7553. Sonic Studio II is still installed.

Audio now sounds good.
19 REPLIES 19

I've managed to maintain the Microsoft driver for a few weeks straight, by initially using the Microsoft 'driver upgrade' software block. However, the audio problem seems to reappear after a few days of uptime and is consistently temporarily fixed by a reboot. I'm not aware of any installed RealTek driver or Sonic Studio.

BIOS 1701.

mooq_
Level 7
The most annoying is the pop-sound whenever an audio-channel gets opened plus the truncation of the start of the sounds, the stuttering just happened with normal media, not in-game, but very rarely.

mooq! wrote:
The most annoying is the pop-sound whenever an audio-channel gets opened plus the truncation of the start of the sounds, the stuttering just happened with normal media, not in-game, but very rarely.

I've posted this before but unfortunately the threads get buried here since no one is interested in pinning up common issues and solutions. I've managed to fix (i think it can be considered a fix) this issue by uninstalling asus audio drivers, running windows update and letting it install it's own realtek drivers. Right now it's v7836 which was released in May. While it doesn't have Sonic Studio included it does have custom Realtek audio configuration (Realtek HD) and it doesn't have sound channel issue.
I can also confirm that it worked both pre and post anniversary update.

Celador wrote:
I've posted this before but unfortunately the threads get buried here since no one is interested in pinning up common issues and solutions. I've managed to fix (i think it can be considered a fix) this issue by uninstalling asus audio drivers, running windows update and letting it install it's own realtek drivers. Right now it's v7836 which was released in May. While it doesn't have Sonic Studio included it does have custom Realtek audio configuration (Realtek HD) and it doesn't have sound channel issue.
I can also confirm that it worked both pre and post anniversary update.

Yes, I can confirm that, too.
I was a bit scared when Win Update suggested a new audio-driver but I tried it and all is well, no more pops... Win10 Pro 64 Anniversary here, too.

Zforgetaboutit
Level 9
SOLVED: Finally I read this suggestion somewhere: in the BIOS disable all CPU power saving settings. I did that and haven't had a single pop or other audio problem in the last couple of months. I must retract all the other blame I was regrettably assigning. If it isn't already by now, I also wish this solution for my posted audio problem could be in more FAQs in more places.

Zforgetaboutit wrote:
SOLVED: Finally I read this suggestion somewhere: in the BIOS disable all CPU power saving settings. I did that and haven't had a single pop or other audio problem in the last couple of months. I must retract all the other blame I was regrettably assigning. If it isn't already by now, I also wish this solution for my posted audio problem could be in more FAQs in more places.

Has anyone else tried this?

Denaba
Level 7
What Ethernet driver version do you have installed?

Have you checked your latency to see if there is an issue? Use Latency Mon since you have Win10
http://www.resplendence.com/latencymon
[Asus ROG Maximus Hero VIII] [Samsung 950 Pro 512GB] [G.Skill 2 x 4GB = 8GB] [Asus PG278Q Monitor] [Asus Stryx 980Ti] [Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit]

Zforgetaboutit
Level 9
Intel NIC driver.

LatencyMon is green - PASS.

Zforgetaboutit
Level 9
If you're asking me then besides some other forum where I read about this months ago, unfortunately I have no idea.

Zforgetaboutit
Level 9
FYI,

I'm reporting that for a very long time (months, years?) the stuttering problem no longer exists. I can't remember the last time I noticed it. I haven't changed the BIOS firmware in my previous post. I have no hardware changes.

I kept current with Windows 10, nVidia, and other sundry updates.

I'm not sure when the current era of long term stability first began, and I can't remember the last time I rebooted to temporarily fix the stuttering.