cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Secure Boot Violation

computerhead2
Level 7
I need help with understanding what I can do to cure what I believe is (or was) a virus, or malware attack.

I noticed that using Mozilla that the Adobe flash was working strangely, then Microsoft Security Essentials turned itself off and then the computer

After attempting shutdown and rebooting I was greated with a red dialog box (very ACSII ish) stating that I had a secure boot violation.

I was able to boot from a Bit defender boot disc and run it as a virus cleaner, it found 4 items, 3 of which I recognized, the 4 I did not. I

had bitdefender delete all four (4).

Now I cannot get to the boot manager, or past the secure boot violation feature.

What else can I do?.... I really don't want to reformat and reinstall Windows 7 again, then build all my applications (primarily flight sim).

Because it is a laborius process and I had just finished getting the new build setup.

Any feedback on how, or what I should try would be appreciated.
12 REPLIES 12

The Secure Boot Violation was the thing that initiated my drastic course, I could not get past its dialog box. It was either that or go into the BIOS setup.

Since then I have started with the intent of re-installing the OS, which has cured the dialog box for the "secure boot violation" from showing up again.

However, I can not rebuild the system, starting with a fresh install of the OS from installation disk

Thank you for the instructions on installation the update, that was I was planning/thinking of next.

Nate152
All right sounds good computerhead2

I hope a bios update fixes you and if it does at least with a fresh install of windows you know you'll be virus free, don't forget about the free year of Kaspersky on the motherboard dvd, it's one of the top antiviruses.

Let us know if updating the bios gets rid of the secure boot violation.

Success! I wish I would have started with BIOS reflash, perhaps I jumped the gun with the re-installation of the OS. But at least I have the confidence that I should have gotten rid of the virus.