cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (AMD Legacy 6xx/7xx/8xx/9xx & Intel 6x/7x/8x/9x/1xx)

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

- Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers (HDA - ASUS ROG SSx) :

Drivers : 6.0.8967.1 WHQL [09/06/2020]
Download : Link

ASUS ROG SS1/SS2 motherboards :

Install Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Sonic Suite II and/or Sonic Radar I/II installed /!\
Uninstall them (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
a-volute | avolute | dts | hdx | realtek
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button then restart your PC

INSTALL

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > "Next" > The installer will ask you to restart your PC > "Finish"
Go in "Apps" folder > Install your app

- Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers (HDA - ASUS ROG SB) :

Drivers : 6.0.8703.1 WHQL [14/05/2019]

ASUS ROG Sound Blaster X-Fi MB2 motherboards :

Install Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Sound Blaster X-Fi MB2 installed /!\
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button then restart your PC

INSTALL

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > "Next" > The installer will ask you to restart your PC > "Finish"
Go in "Apps" folder > Install your apps

- Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers (HDA - ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME DTS&RTK) :

Drivers : 6.0.9273.1 WHQL [25/11/2021]

ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME Realtek motherboards :

Install Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver installed /!\
Uninstall it (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC

INSTALL

ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS Studio Sound motherboards :

Install Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, DTS Studio Sound installed /!\

INSTALL

Go in "Apps" folder > Install your apps

OS requirements : Windows 10 64 bit or more recent.
Hardware requirements (AMD) : ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME motherboards with AMD Legacy 6xx/7xx/8xx/9xx series chipsets.
Hardware requirements (Intel) : ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME motherboards with Intel 6x/7x/8x/9x/1xx series chipsets.

Note : In order to know which Install/Update process to use, match the audio specifications of your motherboard with the apps or ask me.

TIPS :

If you want to manage the drivers (remove old/unused drivers for example) that you have in your Windows DriverStore
Use Driver Store Explorer (Right click on "Rapr.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you want better interrupts delivery latency
Enable MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) mode on all your supported devices (see the column "supported modes") with
MSI Mode Utility (Right click on "MSI_Mode_Utility_v3.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you experience crackling, popping, audio stutter
Disable hibernation (Fast Startup included).
147 REPLIES 147

Hi, I have Asus ROG strix Gl703GS scar edition which driver do i need? Or do I need a driver from https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?117596-DRIVERS-Realtek-Audio-(MB-Intel-2xx-3xx-4xx-5xx-amp...

SharSash wrote:
Hi, I have Asus ROG strix Gl703GS scar edition which driver do i need? Or do I need a driver from https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?117596-DRIVERS-Realtek-Audio-(MB-Intel-2xx-3xx-4xx-5xx-amp...

Hi,

You have an ASUS ROG SS3 notebook, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3 NB) from the first post of this thread : [DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (NB | Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx & AMD Ryzen Mobile).

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

MoKiChU,

II pray you are still answering noob questions. I used to be way into pc's and stuff but medical issues shut me down for a while. I know what hardware I have, outdated and probably not worth having but it is what I have. I appreciate the driver page you have set up. Other than knowing I have an ASUS Maximus VII Extreme MB (Z170) and Realtek audio. I'm at a loss of which versions I need to use to update my rig. I see alot of SS1, 2, etc but have no idea what that even means as far as my hardware is concerned. I know I've recently updated headphones with only a USB input and that probably wont let me take advantage of the Sonic Software that I have as nothing shows up when I open it. I assume I will have to purchase headphones with the jacks in order to utilize the software that came with my MB. Can you explain which drivers that I need to use? Especially Audio, Chipset and Firmware.

Thank You So Much, In Advance.

Boc3phus wrote:
MoKiChU,

II pray you are still answering noob questions. I used to be way into pc's and stuff but medical issues shut me down for a while. I know what hardware I have, outdated and probably not worth having but it is what I have. I appreciate the driver page you have set up. Other than knowing I have an ASUS Maximus VII Extreme MB (Z170) and Realtek audio. I'm at a loss of which versions I need to use to update my rig. I see alot of SS1, 2, etc but have no idea what that even means as far as my hardware is concerned. I know I've recently updated headphones with only a USB input and that probably wont let me take advantage of the Sonic Software that I have as nothing shows up when I open it. I assume I will have to purchase headphones with the jacks in order to utilize the software that came with my MB. Can you explain which drivers that I need to use? Especially Audio, Chipset and Firmware.

Thank You So Much, In Advance.

Hi,

You need these firmware/drivers for your ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard :

[FIRMWARE] Intel ME (H110/B150/H170/Z170/B250/H270/Z270/B365/Z370)

[DRIVERS] Intel Chipset/MEI/SATA/VMD (1xx/2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx)

- Intel Chipset Drivers

- Intel MEI Drivers (Drivers Only)

- Intel SATA AHCI-RAID Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 1xx

[DRIVERS] ASMedia SATA

- ASMedia SATA AHCI-RAID Drivers (Drivers Only)

[DRIVERS] Intel Ethernet/WiFi/Bluetooth

- Intel Ethernet Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - I21x-V (1.0GbE)

[DRIVERS] Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth

- Broadcom WiFi Drivers (Drivers Only)

- Broadcom Bluetooth Drivers (Drivers Only)

[DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (MB | Intel 6x/7x/8x/9x/1xx)

You have an ASUS ROG SS2 motherboard, so :

You need Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers (HDA - ASUS ROG SSx MB) from the first post of the thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

Note : Regarding your new headphone, I answered you here : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?127325-ASUS-Maximus-VIII-Extreme-Audio-Question&p=853130&p....

Hello, thank you for your threads, can you help me to chose audio driver for ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE (Z77) win10 x64?
Where and what to watch to understand what I need? I mean those SS(sonic suite?) things etc.

Galatex wrote:
Hello, thank you for your threads, can you help me to chose audio driver for ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE (Z77) win10 x64?
Where and what to watch to understand what I need? I mean those SS(sonic suite?) things etc.

Hi,

You need these firmware/drivers for your ASUS ROG Maximus V Gene motherboard :

[FIRMWARE] Intel ME (B75/H77/Z75/Z77/X79)

[DRIVERS] Intel Chipset/MEI/SATA (6x/7x/8x/9x)

- Intel Chipset Drivers

- Intel MEI Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 6x/7x

- Intel SATA AHCI-RAID Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 6x/7x

[DRIVERS] ASMedia SATA

- ASMedia SATA AHCI-RAID Drivers (Drivers Only)

[DRIVERS] Intel Ethernet/WiFi/Bluetooth

- Intel Ethernet Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 82579V (1.0GbE)

[DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (MB | Intel 6x/7x/8x/9x/1xx)

You have an ASUS ROG Sound Blaster X-Fi MB2 motherboard, so :

You need Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers (HDA - ASUS ROG SB MB) from the first post of the thread.

Greetings! @MoKiChU, if you have the opportunity, then please make version 6.0.9235.1 HDA for Z 270 (I have Hero 9), because on Win 11 tired of bugs and glitches on UAD version (((
The official driver from Realtek works fine on Win11 (as I understand it, they screwed support officially, because before that all HDA versions did not work as they should?), but you cannot use sonic studio. This is very bad. Thanks in advance and thank you for your hard work! :cool:
Sorry for the english, not my native language.

Vinsent13 wrote:
Greetings! @MoKiChU, if you have the opportunity, then please make version 6.0.9235.1 HDA for Z 270 (I have Hero 9), because on Win 11 tired of bugs and glitches on UAD version (((
The official driver from Realtek works fine on Win11 (as I understand it, they screwed support officially, because before that all HDA versions did not work as they should?), but you cannot use sonic studio. This is very bad. Thanks in advance and thank you for your hard work! :cool:
Sorry for the english, not my native language.

Hi,

First of all, I want to point out that I don't make anything at all, it's Realtek that make the drivers & Microsoft that WHQL signs them.

HDA/Legacy drivers are now obsolete for your motherboard and your OS, so for reference :

You have an ASUS ROG SS3 motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3 MB) from the first post of this thread : [DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (MB | Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx & AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx).

However if you want to have the HDA/Legacy drivers at all costs, know that you will lose Sonic Studio Link & Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer features :

You can use Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers (HDA - ASUS ROG SSx MB) from the first post of this thread.

Follow scrupulously the CLEANUP process of ASUS ROG SS1/SS2 motherboards category, but instead of uninstalling SS2 apps uninstall SS3 apps, then follow scrupulously the INSTALL process of ASUS ROG SS1/SS2 motherboards category, but instead of installing SS2 apps install SS3 apps :

- Sonic Studio III Win32/Legacy v3.6.45.60920 : Link
- Sonic Radar III Win32/Legacy v3.6.45.60920 (Optional) : Link

Thanks for the answer.
I am aware that UAD is currently relevant for Windows 10/11. But using these versions of drivers for almost a year, I'm tired of endless glitches and bugs. Then the sound amplifier was reset, recently the microphone amplifier began to be reset randomly. There were also problems (here on the forum already written) with sound amplification, after the launch of some games. A whole line of settings disappears (let's say the same microphone amplifier until you restart the PC). There are enough "charms" from these firewood. Previously, I did not know troubles on HDA ((

The driver works HDA and I am aware that then Sonic will not work. That is why I have come to you with this request. I thought you "sign" or somehow adapt the installer so that Sonic does not give an error on the driver and installs. Because any driver from Asus is installed, but the realtek manager does not work. Or install a third-party driver that works, but Sonic stops functioning.

In any case, thanks for the reply. 🙂 It's a pity that Asus can't do such a trifling thing, other manufacturers (judging by various forums) are able to support old boards and users).

Vinsent13 wrote:
Thanks for the answer.
I am aware that UAD is currently relevant for Windows 10/11. But using these versions of drivers for almost a year, I'm tired of endless glitches and bugs. Then the sound amplifier was reset, recently the microphone amplifier began to be reset randomly. There were also problems (here on the forum already written) with sound amplification, after the launch of some games. A whole line of settings disappears (let's say the same microphone amplifier until you restart the PC). There are enough "charms" from these firewood. Previously, I did not know troubles on HDA ((

The driver works HDA and I am aware that then Sonic will not work. That is why I have come to you with this request. I thought you "sign" or somehow adapt the installer so that Sonic does not give an error on the driver and installs. Because any driver from Asus is installed, but the realtek manager does not work. Or install a third-party driver that works, but Sonic stops functioning.

In any case, thanks for the reply. 🙂 It's a pity that Asus can't do such a trifling thing, other manufacturers (judging by various forums) are able to support old boards and users).

Modding drivers is not my area sorry, OEM original/untouched drivers is my area.

However, I think you misread (or read my post too quickly), I gave you exactly what you need to use SS3 apps with the HDA drivers :

You can use Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers (HDA - ASUS ROG SSx MB) from the first post of this thread.

Follow scrupulously the CLEANUP process of ASUS ROG SS1/SS2 motherboards category, but instead of uninstalling SS2 apps uninstall SS3 apps, then follow scrupulously the INSTALL process of ASUS ROG SS1/SS2 motherboards category, but instead of installing SS2 apps install SS3 apps :

- Sonic Studio III Win32/Legacy v3.6.45.60920 : Link
- Sonic Radar III Win32/Legacy v3.6.45.60920 (Optional) : Link