cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (AMD Legacy 6xx/7xx/8xx/9xx & Intel 6x/7x/8x/9x/1xx)

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

- Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers (HDA - ASUS ROG SSx) :

Drivers : 6.0.8967.1 WHQL [09/06/2020]
Download : Link

ASUS ROG SS1/SS2 motherboards :

Install Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Sonic Suite II and/or Sonic Radar I/II installed /!\
Uninstall them (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
a-volute | avolute | dts | hdx | realtek
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button then restart your PC

INSTALL

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > "Next" > The installer will ask you to restart your PC > "Finish"
Go in "Apps" folder > Install your app

- Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers (HDA - ASUS ROG SB) :

Drivers : 6.0.8703.1 WHQL [14/05/2019]

ASUS ROG Sound Blaster X-Fi MB2 motherboards :

Install Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Sound Blaster X-Fi MB2 installed /!\
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button then restart your PC

INSTALL

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > "Next" > The installer will ask you to restart your PC > "Finish"
Go in "Apps" folder > Install your apps

- Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers (HDA - ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME DTS&RTK) :

Drivers : 6.0.9273.1 WHQL [25/11/2021]

ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME Realtek motherboards :

Install Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver installed /!\
Uninstall it (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC

INSTALL

ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS Studio Sound motherboards :

Install Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, DTS Studio Sound installed /!\

INSTALL

Go in "Apps" folder > Install your apps

OS requirements : Windows 10 64 bit or more recent.
Hardware requirements (AMD) : ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME motherboards with AMD Legacy 6xx/7xx/8xx/9xx series chipsets.
Hardware requirements (Intel) : ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME motherboards with Intel 6x/7x/8x/9x/1xx series chipsets.

Note : In order to know which Install/Update process to use, match the audio specifications of your motherboard with the apps or ask me.

TIPS :

If you want to manage the drivers (remove old/unused drivers for example) that you have in your Windows DriverStore
Use Driver Store Explorer (Right click on "Rapr.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you want better interrupts delivery latency
Enable MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) mode on all your supported devices (see the column "supported modes") with
MSI Mode Utility (Right click on "MSI_Mode_Utility_v3.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you experience crackling, popping, audio stutter
Disable hibernation (Fast Startup included).
147 REPLIES 147

Created an accout just to thank you!

I was tired of looking around Asus' website for the latest realtek HD audio driver, and Asus only updates their brand new models!!

Thanks a lot for putting this together for us!

sapo_joe-tm wrote:
Created an accout just to thank you!

I was tired of looking around Asus' website for the latest realtek HD audio driver, and Asus only updates their brand new models!!

Thanks a lot for putting this together for us!

Hi,

You're welcome 😉

mtw0076 wrote:
Hi Mokiccu! I have a Ryzen 7 2700x in my ASUS Tuf Gaming 570x-Plus (wifi) mobo. Can you tell me what drivers I can install to update all mobo drivers?

Hi,

You need these drivers for your motherboard :

[DRIVERS] AMD Chipset/SATA (3xx/4xx/5xx/TRX40)

- AMD Chipset Drivers

[DRIVERS] Realtek Ethernet/WiFi/Bluetooth

- Realtek Ethernet Drivers (Drivers Only)

[DRIVERS] Intel Ethernet/WiFi/Bluetooth

- Intel WiFi Drivers (Drivers Only) :

- Intel Bluetooth Drivers (Drivers Only) :

[DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (MB | Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx & AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx)

You have an ASUS TUF DTS Custom motherboard.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

:cool:

The drivers for my mobo all installed successfully. However, I am having issues installing the Realtek sound driver. I followed your instructions exactly as described. I uninstalled the sound driver that was llisted in Device Manager (AMD High Definition Audio); then I useed Windows DriverStore to uninstal the .inf files listed under Sound drivers. Restarted PC, then uploaded and installed the Custom_DTS.cmd file as Admin. Restared PC again. However, sound drivers do not show Realtek as drivers. Instead, sound driver still shows the AMD High Def Audio drivers and for each of my 3 monitors. Also, sound has serious crackling noise. So, I tried to download the Realtek drivers manually like your instructions say. But neither the Realtek or the DTS drivers downloaded. Realtek download keeps crashing. The DTS download just hangs/freezes (I tried both downloads 6 times). Also, windows search does not show Realtek Audio was downloaded. Any help to problem fix would be nice.

p.s.
Just noticed the Realtek bluetooth drivers may not have installed either. See screenshots for more info.

mtw0076 wrote:
I am having issues installing the Realtek sound driver. I followed your instructions exactly as described.

Exactly ? I don't think so ...

Please pay more attention to the instructions I give you (directly or through the processes) :

mtw0076 wrote:
I uninstalled the sound driver that was llisted in Device Manager (AMD High Definition Audio)

I never asked you (neither directly nor through the processes) to uninstall the audio drivers from your AMD graphics card (AMD High Definition Audio).

mtw0076 wrote:
then I useed Windows DriverStore to uninstal the .inf files listed under Sound drivers.

This is not what is written in the CLEANUP process. Please read it again and follow it to the letter, step by step, do not skip steps (do not try to interpret the written instructions in your own way, this is precisely what misled you).

mtw0076 wrote:
Restarted PC, then uploaded and installed the Custom_DTS.cmd file as Admin. Restared PC again. However, sound drivers do not show Realtek as drivers. Instead, sound driver still shows the AMD High Def Audio drivers and for each of my 3 monitors. Also, sound has serious crackling noise. So, I tried to download the Realtek drivers manually like your instructions say. But neither the Realtek or the DTS drivers downloaded. Realtek download keeps crashing. The DTS download just hangs/freezes (I tried both downloads 6 times). Also, windows search does not show Realtek Audio was downloaded. Any help to problem fix would be nice.

This is the consequence of a bad cleanup.

mtw0076 wrote:
Just noticed the Realtek bluetooth drivers may not have installed either. See screenshots for more info.

I never asked you to install the Realtek WiFi/Bluetooth drivers, only Realtek Ethernet & Intel WiFi/Bluetooth (please read my previous post again and pay more attention to what you are doing).

Hi Mokiccu! I have a Ryzen 7 2700x in my ASUS Tuf Gaming 570x-Plus (wifi) mobo. Can you tell me what drivers I can install to update all mobo drivers?

Hello, I have the Maximus Impact 6 (https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-maximus/rog-maximus-vi-impact-model/) and my driver installation keeps crashing (BSOD). It seems that rtkvhd64.sys is the culprit. Are the drivers incompatible with my motherboard?

Note: The driver provided by ASUS works fine, but I would have liked to try your driver as its newer and possibly better 🙂

Thanks in advance!

metabee619 wrote:
Hello, I have the Maximus Impact 6 (https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-maximus/rog-maximus-vi-impact-model/) and my driver installation keeps crashing (BSOD). It seems that rtkvhd64.sys is the culprit. Are the drivers incompatible with my motherboard?

Note: The driver provided by ASUS works fine, but I would have liked to try your driver as its newer and possibly better 🙂

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

You have an ASUS ROG SS1 motherboard, so :

You need Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers (HDA - ASUS ROG SSx MB) from the first post of this thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

You have an ASUS ROG SS1 motherboard, so :

You need Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers (HDA - ASUS ROG SSx MB) from the first post of this thread.

I followed the instruction and still the installer crashed. I can install in safemode but when I reboot normally it will still crash at startup. 😞

BSOD: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

Update: currently im using the one provided by asus https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/audio/Realtek_Audio_V7829_20160630.zip

metabee619 wrote:
I followed the instruction and still the installer crashed. I can install in safemode but when I reboot normally it will still crash at startup. 😞

BSOD: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

Update: currently im using the one provided by asus https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/audio/Realtek_Audio_V7829_20160630.zip

What happens when you install the stock drivers ?