cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (AMD Legacy 6xx/7xx/8xx/9xx & Intel 6x/7x/8x/9x/1xx)

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

- Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers (HDA - ASUS ROG SSx) :

Drivers : 6.0.8967.1 WHQL [09/06/2020]
Download : Link

ASUS ROG SS1/SS2 motherboards :

Install Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Sonic Suite II and/or Sonic Radar I/II installed /!\
Uninstall them (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
a-volute | avolute | dts | hdx | realtek
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button then restart your PC

INSTALL

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > "Next" > The installer will ask you to restart your PC > "Finish"
Go in "Apps" folder > Install your app

- Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers (HDA - ASUS ROG SB) :

Drivers : 6.0.8703.1 WHQL [14/05/2019]

ASUS ROG Sound Blaster X-Fi MB2 motherboards :

Install Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Sound Blaster X-Fi MB2 installed /!\
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button then restart your PC

INSTALL

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > "Next" > The installer will ask you to restart your PC > "Finish"
Go in "Apps" folder > Install your apps

- Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers (HDA - ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME DTS&RTK) :

Drivers : 6.0.9273.1 WHQL [25/11/2021]

ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME Realtek motherboards :

Install Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver installed /!\
Uninstall it (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC

INSTALL

ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS Studio Sound motherboards :

Install Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, DTS Studio Sound installed /!\

INSTALL

Go in "Apps" folder > Install your apps

OS requirements : Windows 10 64 bit or more recent.
Hardware requirements (AMD) : ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME motherboards with AMD Legacy 6xx/7xx/8xx/9xx series chipsets.
Hardware requirements (Intel) : ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME motherboards with Intel 6x/7x/8x/9x/1xx series chipsets.

Note : In order to know which Install/Update process to use, match the audio specifications of your motherboard with the apps or ask me.

TIPS :

If you want to manage the drivers (remove old/unused drivers for example) that you have in your Windows DriverStore
Use Driver Store Explorer (Right click on "Rapr.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you want better interrupts delivery latency
Enable MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) mode on all your supported devices (see the column "supported modes") with
MSI Mode Utility (Right click on "MSI_Mode_Utility_v3.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you experience crackling, popping, audio stutter
Disable hibernation (Fast Startup included).
147 REPLIES 147

KingJerky
Level 7
Hello MoKiChu,

Thanks for posting and helping out the community, it is appreciated!

I have a couple of questions, that I hope you can answer before I proceed with an attempt at installing this.

1. I have a Rampage V Extreme v1 which driver do I require? I'm guessing the SSx driver based on the fact my mobo had Sonic Studio 2.
2. Does this updated driver support SupremeFX on the ALC1150 codec from Realtek?
3. Can Sonic Radar be installed without Sonic Studio or is one a pre-requisite for the other?
4. I currently have the Microsoft installed HDAudio device with no Realtek drivers on the system. That should clear me on the normal setup step correct? I'm running Windows 10 Pro v2004 build 19041.264.

Thanks for the advice!!

-KJ

KingJerky wrote:
Hello MoKiChu,

I have a couple of questions, that I hope you can answer before I proceed with an attempt at installing this.

1. I have a Rampage V Extreme v1 which driver do I require? I'm guessing the SSx driver based on the fact my mobo had Sonic Studio 2.
2. Does this updated driver support SupremeFX on the ALC1150 codec from Realtek?
3. Can Sonic Radar be installed without Sonic Studio or is one a pre-requisite for the other?
4. I currently have the Microsoft installed HDAudio device with no Realtek drivers on the system. That should clear me on the normal setup step correct? I'm running Windows 10 Pro v2004 build 19041.264.

Thanks for the advice!!

-KJ

Hi,

1 - You need Realtek HD Audio Drivers (HDA - ASUS ROG SSx) from this thread. Follow scrupulously your INSTALL process with cleanup step.

Note (in order to choose correctly the install/update process to use) : You have a ASUS ROG SS2 motherboard.

2 - Yes (SupremeFX = Realtek audio renamed for ROG products).

3 - Minimal : Realtek Audio Drivers | Recommended : Realtek Audio Drivers + SS2 | Full : Realtek Audio Drivers + SS2 + SR2.

4 - In order to start on a clean basis, you need to follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then INSTALL process.

MoKiChU
Level 40
KingJerky wrote:
Hello MoKiChu,

Thanks for the advice!!

-KJ

Hi,

1 - Hi,

You have an ASUS ROG SS1 motherboard, so :

You need Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers (HDA - ASUS ROG SSx MB) from the first post of this thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

2 - Yes (SupremeFX = Realtek audio renamed for ROG products).

3 - Minimal : Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers | Recommended : Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers + Sonic Suite II.

4 - In order to start on a clean basis, you need to follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then INSTALL process.

Not_Enough_Rage
Level 11
Hello MoKiChU,
I have a Asus Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard. I want to update the Realtek audio driver. I followed your clean up instructions successfully.
But on the install part of your instructions is where I am confused. First, I downloaded the Realtek HD Audio Drivers (HDA - ASUS ROG SSx) -driver and tried to extract it using 7-zip. But nothing is happening when I try to extract it. On the Install part of instructions, I do not understand where you say to launch "Setup.exe". I do not see this part yet. How do I get the driver to open after I download it?

Update; I figured out how to extract and install the drivers from 7zip. The only thing that is missing is the HD Realtek interface (SupremeFX) where I was able to open and make changes to the equalizer, sound effects, speaker configuration, etc. How do I get this back?

Not_Enough_Rage wrote:
Hello MoKiChU,
I have a Asus Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard. I want to update the Realtek audio driver. I followed your clean up instructions successfully.
But on the install part of your instructions is where I am confused. First, I downloaded the Realtek HD Audio Drivers (HDA - ASUS ROG SSx) -driver and tried to extract it using 7-zip. But nothing is happening when I try to extract it. On the Install part of instructions, I do not understand where you say to launch "Setup.exe". I do not see this part yet. How do I get the driver to open after I download it?

Hi,

After downloading it :

- Right click on AUDIO_Realtek_HDA_ASUS_ROG-PRIME-TUF_MB_v6.0.xxxx.x.7z > Extract to AUDIO_Realtek_HDA_ASUS_ROG-PRIME-TUF_MB_v6.0.xxxx.x
- Go in the folder extracted (AUDIO_Realtek_HDA_ASUS_ROG-PRIME-TUF_MB_v6.0.xxxx.x), scroll down to find Setup.exe then continue to follow your INSTALL process

Cezarycezary777 wrote:
HI.
This drivers are good for Rampage 6 Extreme Omega? I`m a bit confusing if I need HDA or UAD drivers?

Hi,

You have an ASUS ROG SS3 motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3 MB) from the first post of this thread : [DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (MB | Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx & AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx).

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

Thanks for your help.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

After downloading it :
- Right click on AUDIO_Realtek_HDA_ASUS_ROG_SSx_v6.0.xxxx.x.7z > Extract to AUDIO_Realtek_HDA_ASUS_ROG_SSx_v6.0.xxxx.x
- Go in the folder extracted (AUDIO_Realtek_HDA_ASUS_ROG_SSx_v6.0.xxxx.x), scroll down to find Setup.exe then continue to follow your INSTALL process

Thanks, I was able to install the drivers, but I posted an update to my original post above about the HD Audio Manager interface (SupremeFX), Could you help me with that?

Not_Enough_Rage wrote:
Update; I figured out how to extract and install the drivers from 7zip. The only thing that is missing is the HD Realtek interface (SupremeFX) where I was able to open and make changes to the equalizer, sound effects, speaker configuration, etc. How do I get this back?

Not_Enough_Rage wrote:
Thanks, I was able to install the drivers, but I posted an update to my original post above about the HD Manager interface (SupremeFX), Could you help me with that?

In your Control Panel (right click on your Windows Start button > Search > type Control Panel) : Realtek HD Audio Manager.

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi everyone,

- Realtek HD Audio Drivers (HDA - ASUS ROG/PRIME/TUF DTS&RTK) :
Drivers : 6.0.8940.1 WHQL [22/04/2020]

Thread updated.