cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (AMD Legacy 6xx/7xx/8xx/9xx & Intel 6x/7x/8x/9x/1xx)

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

- Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers (HDA - ASUS ROG SSx) :

Drivers : 6.0.8967.1 WHQL [09/06/2020]
Download : Link

ASUS ROG SS1/SS2 motherboards :

Install Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Sonic Suite II and/or Sonic Radar I/II installed /!\
Uninstall them (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
a-volute | avolute | dts | hdx | realtek
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button then restart your PC

INSTALL

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > "Next" > The installer will ask you to restart your PC > "Finish"
Go in "Apps" folder > Install your app

- Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers (HDA - ASUS ROG SB) :

Drivers : 6.0.8703.1 WHQL [14/05/2019]

ASUS ROG Sound Blaster X-Fi MB2 motherboards :

Install Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Sound Blaster X-Fi MB2 installed /!\
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button then restart your PC

INSTALL

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > "Next" > The installer will ask you to restart your PC > "Finish"
Go in "Apps" folder > Install your apps

- Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers (HDA - ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME DTS&RTK) :

Drivers : 6.0.9273.1 WHQL [25/11/2021]

ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME Realtek motherboards :

Install Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver installed /!\
Uninstall it (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC

INSTALL

ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS Studio Sound motherboards :

Install Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, DTS Studio Sound installed /!\

INSTALL

Go in "Apps" folder > Install your apps

OS requirements : Windows 10 64 bit or more recent.
Hardware requirements (AMD) : ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME motherboards with AMD Legacy 6xx/7xx/8xx/9xx series chipsets.
Hardware requirements (Intel) : ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME motherboards with Intel 6x/7x/8x/9x/1xx series chipsets.

Note : In order to know which Install/Update process to use, match the audio specifications of your motherboard with the apps or ask me.

TIPS :

If you want to manage the drivers (remove old/unused drivers for example) that you have in your Windows DriverStore
Use Driver Store Explorer (Right click on "Rapr.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you want better interrupts delivery latency
Enable MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) mode on all your supported devices (see the column "supported modes") with
MSI Mode Utility (Right click on "MSI_Mode_Utility_v3.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you experience crackling, popping, audio stutter
Disable hibernation (Fast Startup included).
147 REPLIES 147

MoKiChU wrote:
HDA drivers are not suitable (even if they can work more or less well) to your motherboard.

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG/PRIME/TUF MB) from my UAD drivers thread.

Follow scrupulously your INSTALL process with cleanup step, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow the UPDATE process.

Note (in order to choose correctly the install/update process to use) : You have a ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard.

Hi and thanks! 🙂

I tried the drivers you linked, but they are not working for me.
I am in need of the "bass management"-option, which transfers low frequencies to the subwoofer. The HDA version does have this option directly within the driver and it works. The UAD version does not have it. The include realtek app does though, but it does not work (no difference in sound whether it is on or off). 😞

Greets & thanks,
Hauser

Hauser.Ger wrote:
Hi and thanks! 🙂

I tried the drivers you linked, but they are not working for me.
I am in need of the "bass management"-option, which transfers low frequencies to the subwoofer. The HDA version does have this option directly within the driver and it works. The UAD version does not have it.

Hi,

Your initial request concerns a issue with RB6 and at no time did you tell me about your need for Bass management option from HDA drivers.

Anyway, as I explained to you, the HDA drivers are not suitable to your motherboard (don't be surprised if it doesn't work properly).

Hauser.Ger wrote:
The include realtek app does though, but it does not work (no difference in sound whether it is on or off). 😞

If you are talking about Realtek Audio Control which works with UAD drivers, check that you fulfilled the OS requirements (Windows 10 64 bit 1903) from UAD drivers thread, and that you followed scrupulously the INSTALL process dedicated to your motherboard with cleanup step (and therefore that you used the correct .cmd).

Note : Be aware that (if you are actually talking about UAD drivers) :
- If you install/use Sonic Studio III : The equalizer of Realtek Audio Control/Console is hidden and deported on Sonic Studio III (Basic Mode > Equalizer > Custom).
- If you don't install/use Sonic Studio III : The equalizer of Realtek Audio Control/Console is present and functional.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

Your initial request concerns a issue with RB6 and at no time did you tell me about your need for Bass management option from HDA drivers.

Anyway, as I explained to you, the HDA drivers are not suitable to your motherboard (don't be surprised if it doesn't work properly).

If you are talking about Realtek Audio Control which works with UAD drivers, check that you fulfilled the OS requirements (Windows 10 64 bit 1903) from UAD drivers thread, and that you followed scrupulously the INSTALL process dedicated to your motherboard with cleanup step (and therefore that you used the correct .cmd).

Note : Be aware that (if you are actually talking about UAD drivers) :
- If you install/use Sonic Studio III : The equalizer of Realtek Audio Control/Console is hidden and deported on Sonic Studio III (Basic Mode > Equalizer > Custom).
- If you don't install/use Sonic Studio III : The equalizer of Realtek Audio Control/Console is present and functional.

Hi and thanks for your quick reply.

We are talking 2 different things actually.
I got the mentioned issue with RB6 Siege using this driver here, which you pointed out, is not the correct one for me.
I did try this one, because the Crosshair VIII's driver package (DRV_Audio_RTK_UWD_SS3_VAC_DTSS_W10_64_VER6018751_20190821R) does not give me the "bass management" option which I need (it's just not there - I didn't install Sonic Studio btw.).
Before updating to this driver here, I used a very old Realtek driver made for the Maximus X Formula (Audio_Realtek_Legacy_TP_VER6018468_20190402R), which was actually working flawless for me.

The driver you suggested, is not working for me at all. After the first reboot (done by the .cmd) sound works but only stereo, since it shows just the green audio port. After another reboot, it shows all audio ports, but sound is no longer working (at all) - it says "an error has occoured" when I try to play a test sound from the audio driver window.
Tried the installation a couple of times, it's just not working. Oh and I should mention, that I revert to my previous config using Acronis True Image, so there is no old driver crap left on my system. Used Driver Store Explorer as well, but there is just none of the mentioned drivers. The only audio driver installed is AMDs.

I am running 1909 btw.

Greets,
Hauser

Hauser.Ger wrote:
First: Yes, I got the mentioned issue with RB6 Siege using this driver here, which you pointed out, is not the correct one for me.
I did try this one, because the Crosshair VIII's driver package (DRV_Audio_RTK_UWD_SS3_VAC_DTSS_W10_64_VER6018751_20190821R) does not give me the "bass management" option which I need (it's just not there - I didn't install Sonic Studio btw.).

DRV_Audio_RTK_UWD_SS3_VAC_DTSS_W10_64_VER6018751_20190821R = UAD drivers.

UAD drivers don't have Bass Management option.

Hauser.Ger wrote:
Before updating to this driver here, I used a Realtek driver made for Maximus X Formula (Audio_Realtek_Legacy_TP_VER6018468_20190402R), which was working flawless for me.

Audio_Realtek_Legacy_TP_VER6018468_20190402R = HDA drivers.

Hauser.Ger wrote:
The driver you suggested, is not working for me at all. After the first reboot (done by the .cmd) sound works but only stereo, since it shows just the green audio port. After another reboot, it shows all audio ports, but sound is no longer working (at all) - it says "an error has occoured" when I try to play a test sound from the audio driver window.
Tried the installation a couple of times, it's just not working. Oh and I should mention, that I revert to my previous config using Acronis True Image, so there is no old driver crap left on my system. Used Driver Store Explorer as well, but there is just none of the mentioned drivers. The only audio driver installed is AMDs.

I am running 1909 btw.

Greets,
Hauser

You did not respond to my check request : Did you followed scrupulously the CLEANUP process then the INSTALL process dedicated to your motherboard (ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard) with cleanup step (and therefore that you used the correct .cmd : Install_ROG_SS3DTS.cmd) ?

If yes, after installing SSVM (Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer, which is in the drivers package and will be install whether you install SS3 or not) for the first time, it switches itself as Playback/Recording default devices. Remember to set your usual Playback/Recording devices by default (and, if you don't plan to use SSVM, disable the SSVM Playback/Recording devices).

MoKiChU wrote:
DRV_Audio_RTK_UWD_SS3_VAC_DTSS_W10_64_VER6018751_20190821R = UAD drivers.

UAD drivers don't have Bass Management option.

Audio_Realtek_Legacy_TP_VER6018468_20190402R = HDA drivers.

You did not respond to my check request : Did you followed scrupulously the CLEANUP process then the INSTALL process dedicated to your motherboard (ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard) with cleanup step (and therefore that you used the correct .cmd : Install_SS3DTS.cmd) ?

If yes, after installing SSVM (Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer, which is in the drivers package and will be install whether you install SS3 or not) for the first time, it switches itself as Playback/Recording default devices. Remember to set your usual Playback/Recording devices by default (and, if you don't plan to use SSVM, disable the SSVM Playback/Recording devices).

Hi again,

I thought it was clear that I did follow the describtion to the point... But here is what I did:

1) Uninstalled the "Realtek HD Driver" + Reboot. (Note: I didn't have Realtek Control App, Sonic Studio, or any other audio app installed, just the driver itself.)
2) I ran DSE, you can see what it showed me here:
3) I ran "Install_ROG_SS3DTS.cmd" and watched it install and reboot my system.

For your followup-question:
My Realtek device was still the default device, but with only one port (green). Disabled the SSVM, but it didn't help.

It looks to me as if the driver doesn't like my hardware. 😞

Greets,
Hauser

Hauser.Ger wrote:
For your followup-question: I didn't siwtch the default audio device. But the error occoured when opening the Realtek HD Audio device driver itself. So it was not caused by the SSVM device.
But I am in a clean state right now (Acronis) so I can give that a try again...

Greets,
Hauser

If your UAD drivers are installed correctly, you should not see "Realtek High Definition Audio" in Device Manager but rather "Realtek(R) Audio".

Once the .cmd has been launched and the restart of your PC has been done, show me your drivers installed on Driver Store Explorer.

MoKiChU wrote:
If your UAD drivers are installed correctly, you should not see "Realtek High Definition Audio" in Device Manager but rather "Realtek(R) Audio".

Once the .cmd has been launched and the restart of your PC has been done, show me your drivers installed on Driver Store Explorer.

Hi,

I just went back to my clean and working state again.
As you can see in the pic , it does say "Realtek(R) Audio" after I ran the .cmd and reboot. And it is the correct driver number (6.0.8959.1) as well.

Greets,
Hauser

Hauser.Ger wrote:
As you can see in the pic , it does say "Realtek(R) Audio" after I ran the .cmd and reboot. And it is the correct driver number (6.0.8959.1)

Yes, I saw that on your previous post.

Hauser.Ger wrote:
I just went back to my clean and working state again.

So if I understand what you are telling me, everything will work until the next reboot. It's weird.

We will stop the off-topic here (it is an HDA thread and not UAD thread), we will continue on the right UAD thread or as well as by PM.

I sent you the previous version (6.0.8945.1 WHQL for ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboards) by PM to try (CLEANUP process then INSTALL process).

acerzr2
Level 8
Thanks. If I don't have sonic studio and sonic radar installed, I can just do the update, correct?
I don't need to do the cleanup part, do I ?

acerzr2 wrote:
Thanks. If I don't have sonic studio and sonic radar installed, I can just do the update, correct?
I don't need to do the cleanup part, do I ?

Whatever you have installed previously, in order to start on a clean basis, you need to follow scrupulously the INSTALL process (with cleanup step).