cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (AMD Legacy 6xx/7xx/8xx/9xx & Intel 6x/7x/8x/9x/1xx)

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

- Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers (HDA - ASUS ROG SSx) :

Drivers : 6.0.8967.1 WHQL [09/06/2020]
Download : Link

ASUS ROG SS1/SS2 motherboards :

Install Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Sonic Suite II and/or Sonic Radar I/II installed /!\
Uninstall them (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
a-volute | avolute | dts | hdx | realtek
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button then restart your PC

INSTALL

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > "Next" > The installer will ask you to restart your PC > "Finish"
Go in "Apps" folder > Install your app

- Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers (HDA - ASUS ROG SB) :

Drivers : 6.0.8703.1 WHQL [14/05/2019]

ASUS ROG Sound Blaster X-Fi MB2 motherboards :

Install Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Sound Blaster X-Fi MB2 installed /!\
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button then restart your PC

INSTALL

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > "Next" > The installer will ask you to restart your PC > "Finish"
Go in "Apps" folder > Install your apps

- Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers (HDA - ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME DTS&RTK) :

Drivers : 6.0.9273.1 WHQL [25/11/2021]

ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME Realtek motherboards :

Install Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver installed /!\
Uninstall it (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC

INSTALL

ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS Studio Sound motherboards :

Install Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, DTS Studio Sound installed /!\

INSTALL

Go in "Apps" folder > Install your apps

OS requirements : Windows 10 64 bit or more recent.
Hardware requirements (AMD) : ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME motherboards with AMD Legacy 6xx/7xx/8xx/9xx series chipsets.
Hardware requirements (Intel) : ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME motherboards with Intel 6x/7x/8x/9x/1xx series chipsets.

Note : In order to know which Install/Update process to use, match the audio specifications of your motherboard with the apps or ask me.

TIPS :

If you want to manage the drivers (remove old/unused drivers for example) that you have in your Windows DriverStore
Use Driver Store Explorer (Right click on "Rapr.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you want better interrupts delivery latency
Enable MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) mode on all your supported devices (see the column "supported modes") with
MSI Mode Utility (Right click on "MSI_Mode_Utility_v3.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you experience crackling, popping, audio stutter
Disable hibernation (Fast Startup included).
147 REPLIES 147

MoKiChU
Level 40
BJBBJB wrote:
Is there any difference between the 4/20 and 4/24 links? I get the same filename for the HDA - ASUS ROG/PRIME/TUF DTS&RTK driver? I am the one with the Maximus Hero VIII and was just getting around to downloading the drivers.... Guess I will go without sonic suite 2.

I realized it was so long since I looked at this I was actually running the version 6.0.1.8468 drivers from the Asus driver page (didn't even remember doing that update a while ago) which did not give me 5.1 audio in the supremeFX tab test although I get pseudo 5 speaker sound from stereo. Even without Sonic Studio 2. Very strange. Will I still get fake 5.1 from stereo with this driver and without Sonic Studio 2? And I assume it will bring back my "real" 5.1 audio where the test will work in all 5.1 speakers?

I am assuming since I never had the DTS stuff nor do I need it, if I do not want to worry about Sonic Suite 2, I can just use this driver and not install all the DTS stuff? So just use this uninstall/install process?

NSTALL

/!\ Only if you already had Realtek HD Audio Driver installed /!\
1) Uninstall it (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC
2) Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
dts | a-volute | avolute | hdx | realtek
3) Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Package" button then restart your PC
4) Perform a cleanup of the registry (with CCleaner Free or others)

- Launch "Setup.exe" > "Next" > The installer will ask you to restart your PC > "Finish"

Thanks,

BJBBJB

Hi,

You have an ASUS ROG SS2 motherboard, so :

You need Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers (HDA - ASUS ROG SSx MB) from the first post of this thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

Here is a official description of what functions SS2 have : https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1033006/

The configuration of the audio channels (Stereo, 5.1, etc.) is done via Realtek HD Audio Manager/SupremeFX (via tray icon or via Control Panel).
The configuration of the Surround/Upmix is done via Sonic Studio II.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

20/04/2020 : AUDIO_Realtek_HDA_ASUS_ROG-PRIME-TUF_DTS&RTK_v6.0.8899.1
24/04/2020 : AUDIO_Realtek_HDA_ASUS_ROG-PRIME-TUF_DTS&RTK_v6.0.8924.1

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (HDA - ASUS ROG SSx) for your ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero. Follow scrupulously the INSTALL process (with cleanup step & SS2/SR2 apps) of ASUS ROG SSx motherboards category.

Here is a official description of what functions SS2 have : https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1033006/

The configuration of the audio channels (Stereo, 5.1, etc.) is done via Realtek HD Audio Manager/SupremeFX (via tray icon or via Control Panel).
The configuration of the Surround/Upmix is done via Sonic Studio II.

If on the other hand if you are not wanting to use SS2/SR2 apps (and therefore you don't want SS2 Surround/Upmix feature), you can use Realtek HD Audio Drivers (HDA - ASUS ROG/PRIME/TUF DTS&RTK) by following scrupulously the INSTALL process (with cleanup step) of ASUS ROG/PRIME/TUF RTK motherboards category.

Thanks. I got all that down.
Just asking if there is a difference between the download link at the top of the post and the second download link. I get the same filename.

Also, I am aware how to setup 5.1 but it has not worked with my last 2 driver versions. Wonder if this will fix that.

Thanks a lot!
BJBBJB

BJBBJB wrote:
Just asking if there is a difference between the download link at the top of the post and the second download link. I get the same filename.

I understand now what you mean, the fact that you talk about date ("the 4/20 and 4/24 links") has misled me.

These are the same links.

You do not seem to know my way of proceeding : The first post of my threads is edited over the water and always includes the latest drivers packages versions and all the install/update processes, while my update posts are there for indicate the release of the latest drivers package version and indicates that the first post of the thread is updated accordingly.

I hope I was clear enough.

BJBBJB
Level 7
100% clear, thanks!

Any thoughts on these drivers fixing my 5.1 issue or is that luck of the draw? I am leaning towards the "non-SS2" ones due to the vulnerability...

BJBBJB

Gentleman
Level 8
will this drv work with maximus VIII gene?

Gentleman wrote:
will this drv work with maximus VIII gene?

Hi,

Yes of course :

You have an ASUS ROG SS2 motherboard, so :

You need Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers (HDA - ASUS ROG SSx MB) from the first post of this thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

I'm not up to date on my ROG models. Do any of these drivers work for STRIX Z390-F?

SteverinoLA wrote:
I'm not up to date on my ROG models. Do any of these drivers work for STRIX Z390-F?

Hi,

You have an ASUS ROG SS3 motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3 MB) from the first post of this thread : [DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (MB | Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx & AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx).

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG/PRIME/TUF) from my UAD drivers thread. Follow scrupulously your INSTALL process with cleanup step.

Note (in order to choose correctly the install/update process to use) : You have a ASUS ROG SS3 motherboard.

Asus should pay you MONEY for what you do ... their own support is non existant.

The STRIX Z-370 F Gaming (product release 2017) running on Windows 10 Enterprise FAST RING (latest build of insider)
which package do i look for ?

TIA

TheInfidel wrote:
Asus should pay you MONEY for what you do ... their own support is non existant.

The STRIX Z-370 F Gaming (product release 2017) running on Windows 10 Enterprise FAST RING (latest build of insider)
which package do i look for ?

TIA

Hi,

You have an ASUS ROG SS3 motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3 MB) from the first post of this thread : [DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (MB | Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx & AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx).