cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DRAM Voltages - BIOS

MaKo82
Level 9
Hello,

Im currently have 3333Mhz Corsair Ram, and im having trouble pushing it to max with out a code 55 on boot up. It been running fine at 3200mhz at the voltages listed in the photo. Does anyone have any tips to get it to 3333mhz? I've never seen the voltages change color when editing them. I assume it because it getting above standard limits. I'm afraid that the ram is being bottle necked not being at factory, maybe i'm completely wrong. Thanks for the help!
9 REPLIES 9

Minsekt
Level 7
jeez. lower your cpu vccio and system agent voltage to auto or 1.1v, you might want to go up to 1.15v on both for ram frequency up to 3600. but 1.3v is way too much! you dont need to rise dram voltage either, 1.35v should work fine. 1.35v is enough for 4000mhz for most ram chips

Chino
Level 15

Nate152
Hi MaKo82

16GB of 3333MHz shouldn't be too much of a struggle.

My board has the odd ratio feature for the ram, if yours does on the extreme tweaker tab try enabling this.

In Dram Timing Control check you have the command rate set to 2, at the top you can also try Maximus Tweak modes 1 and 2.

Corsair ram seems to be the most problematic on ROG z170 boards but raising voltages can help, your 6700k could have a weak Integrated Memory Controller too.

You can try the Dram voltage up to 1.50v which is still in the purple, anywhere from 1.15v to 1.25v for the vccio and cpu system agent voltages should be enough.

In the DiGi+ section there are some RAM options, you can try setting Dram current capability to 130%, without going in there I can't remember what they all are but there should be another ram feature you can set to extreme.

Chino wrote:
Are you using the indicated memory slots for your motherboard when running 2 memory modules?

I have all 4 slot filled. 4x4gb

Nate152 wrote:
Hi MaKo82

16GB of 3333MHz shouldn't be too much of a struggle.

My board has the odd ratio feature for the ram, if yours does on the extreme tweaker tab try enabling this.

In Dram Timing Control check you have the command rate set to 2, at the top you can also try Maximus Tweak modes 1 and 2.

Corsair ram seems to be the most problematic on ROG z170 boards but raising voltages can help, your 6700k could have a weak Integrated Memory Controller too.

You can try the Dram voltage up to 1.50v which is still in the purple, anywhere from 1.15v to 1.25v for the vccio and cpu system agent voltages should be enough.

In the DiGi+ section there are some RAM options, you can try setting Dram current capability to 130%, without going in there I can't remember what they all are but there should be another ram feature you can set to extreme.

Ok, I'll lower those and raise the DRAM a bit a see if it is stable for a couple days and reply. I feel like I've tried this in the past but maybe the new BIOS updates have taken care of some issues. Thanks for the helps guys!

Chino wrote:
In that case, is that a single memory kit?

It came in a set of 2 modules each.

MaKo82 wrote:
It came in a set of 2 modules each.

Packaged together, but separately if that makes sense. Bundle

Nate152
As long as you purchased the 16GB kit as a single kit and didn't make two separate purchases you did right.

Does raising the DRAM voltage help?

Nate152 wrote:
As long as you purchased the 16GB kit as a single kit and didn't make two separate purchases you did right.

Does raising the DRAM voltage help?

Yes, it was purchased as a single kit item.

I have lowered the SA and VCCIO to 1.20v and raised the DRAM Voltage to 1.45v for now. It did boot up normally, so I will run it the next couple of days and see if I need to adjust anything. I will report back then. Thanks!