cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPU temp not showing (and other possible Corsair Link automatisms)

Luca1980
Level 7
Hi Guys,

I have a very particular request and googling did not help.

I overclocked through BCLK and consequently lost the CPU T sensor. However, HWInfo64 gives CPU Package and IA Cores readings, values in the 33-52 °C range (which seem reasonable for my setup). No other monitoring software, including Corsair Link, is able to read the temperature, so my question is whether or not these HWInfo64 readings are reliable.

The second issue is related to Corsair Link profiles. I would like them to be dependent on CPU load (or CPU temperature, if I will manage to have Corsair Link able to read it) rather than water temperature. I mean, I would like my PC to be on "silent" when in Windows and on "balanced" when in game without manually switching modes.

One more question: is it normal that Q-Fan is not able to control the water pump / fan speed? UEFI settings have no effect at all and I am obliged to use Corsair Link.

Thank you very much for any help.
6 REPLIES 6

Chino
Level 15

Luca1980
Level 7
Yes, my LC kit is the Corsair H80i and all the speeds are controlled by Corsair Link. However, Corsair Link CPU usage is always in the range 1-1,5% so I would have liked to get rid of it and use Q-Fan.
Anyone managed to have Q-Fan working with LC setups?

Thanks

Luca1980
Level 7
Yes it is. I am not able to check which one now because I am travelling, but I will check whether or not, by resetting the BCLK to 100 MHz I will get back both the core temperature sensor and the functionality of Q-Fan.

Thanks

i found the sensors disapear if aisuite is running, doesnt get along with link. not sure if that helps

Luca1980
Level 7
I am not running AI Suite, the sensor went away because of the BCLK overclocking.

Thanks