cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't reinstall Sonic Studio ? Audio issues persist years later..

Vinny1001
Level 9
Hey. I've had so many issues with this motherboard and it's audio issues. First it was half second delay or "tick" before audio would play, unless audio was already playing, which was verified and recorded by an Asus representative themselves, sent it to me to verify, which it was correct. I rarely get that now. Anyway..

I had Sonic Studio installed. All drivers came from the CD then the website. Eventually, any audio output, EVEN IF MY MIC IS MUTED, so anytime the PC considers it's playing audio, would play back through my mic to anyone on the other end. So even if I mute my mic, and it's silence, and mute my speakers, it still picked up the audio output and spit it through the mic. I tried reinstalling realtek, didn't work. I tried the realtek options of separating the input jacks as independent devices, which helped, but then anytime I recorded with Nvidia Shadowplay, it'd just have a loud buzzing static noise the entire time.

I am using the Logitech G230, through my front audio port on my case. And yes it works fine on my previous PC

I uninstalled sonic suite and ever audio driver software I can find, and now when I go back through website drivers or CD drivers, sonic studio won't reinstall...

Can someone seriously walk me through these audio issues? I've always ran Asus mobo's and this may be the last. Never had issues before. I've swapped this mobo about 6 times when I first bought it and had posted a lot.. Had the same audio issue through all VIII's, 2 different PSU's, GPU's, RAM, CPU's, etc. I tried it all folks.

Oh, in the mic settings i check off the noise suppression, but then it messes back up after an hour, just at random.

And I"m going through different versions of the drivers and what not, and some don't even allow that noise supression option... This one driver has the "5.1" and "7.1" speaker options blanked out, but I can still select... Like it just doesn't show the text... This is seriously the worst I've had with Asus.

EDIT: reinstalled 7904, and seems to be fine so far... but it's only the realtek driver. No sonic suite. I have an additional option in the microphone effects "Acoustic Echo Cancellation"

Again, why's this stuff so buggy? WHat's the best option, drivers, order of install, and how can I get sonic suite?

THanks!
Z790 Asus Hero Maximus on 0816 BIOS (0914 and 1202 crashes for me on XMP I), Intel 13900k stock clock, Asus 4090 Strix OC edition, FF3D532G720 Teamgroup Ram running XMP I, 16gb x 2, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB x 2, Seasonic VERTEX GX 1200W, Win 11 Pro 64, Deepcool LS720 AIO, NZXT H7 Flow. Comfortably using Armoury Crate for updates/fan xpert.
31 REPLIES 31

Vinny1001
Level 9
Found the solution - I reinstalled windows 10 and everything works. I remember after a couple big updates, stuff wasn't normal like right clicking steam icon never showed me recent games played, like it use to.

I was on the windows 1703 update, reinstalled win10 and it installed to the 1703 first thing, and everything worked and also I gained back features that were bugged out.

Thanks for all the assistance. If you've tried everything, just do a fresh win10 install. I just deleted the entire partition for a 100% clean install on my OS drive and my applications drive. I left my game drives intact. 🙂
Z790 Asus Hero Maximus on 0816 BIOS (0914 and 1202 crashes for me on XMP I), Intel 13900k stock clock, Asus 4090 Strix OC edition, FF3D532G720 Teamgroup Ram running XMP I, 16gb x 2, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB x 2, Seasonic VERTEX GX 1200W, Win 11 Pro 64, Deepcool LS720 AIO, NZXT H7 Flow. Comfortably using Armoury Crate for updates/fan xpert.

Be careful, the new audio driver (Realtek_AudioDriver_Win7-10_V6018158_20170607) has again no echo cancellation.
I had already in the end of 2015 this problem, then after several months ASUS finally add the echo cancellation to the audio driver.

So I think I can't use the new driver and have to go back to the old one (V7904_20160815_WHQL_DTS_StudioSound_SonicSuite_2228).

This starts to annoy me more and more...