cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIOS version recommendation

aceisme
Level 10
Looking to downgrade my BIOS on this board due to issues I'm having with BIOS 3504 and latest ME firmware.
I have an i7 6700k with 2x8 3200MHz Tridend Z memory. What BIOS version do people recommend for this configuration?
7 REPLIES 7

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
aceisme wrote:
Looking to downgrade my BIOS on this board due to issues I'm having with BIOS 3504 and latest ME firmware.
I have an i7 6700k with 2x8 3200MHz Tridend Z memory. What BIOS version do people recommend for this configuration?

Any build, preferably the latest. Any memory instability is not related to the Management Engine firmware version. Have you tried tuning VCCSA and VCCIO voltages?
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Go back to your last working BIOS...simple :rolleyes:

aceisme
Level 10
Memory instability is not an issue on my system.
My last working BIOS was 1302 so I was wondering if there is a newer one that actually works. I got the impression that 2202 might be a stable BIOS?

I personally like the 2202 as long as you have a Skylake

aceisme wrote:
Memory instability is not an issue on my system.
My last working BIOS was 1302 so I was wondering if there is a newer one that actually works. I got the impression that 2202 might be a stable BIOS?

It would help greatly if you actually stated what the problem was with the build you're using.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone wrote:
It would help greatly if you actually stated what the problem was with the build you're using.

System is not as stable as it was with the old BIOS, need more voltage to the CPU, have to go to LLC6 (previously was OK on LLC5), and CPU temps are higher. OCd to 4.6GHz.

ondersma80
Level 7
Based on other user posts, 2202 and 3401 are widely regarded as the most pleasing releases. I personally haven't dealt with problems with any of them as I know how to build and maintain a stable system. Some users keep their system on the fridges of stability and small changes between releases sometimes push those systems over the line.